Notices

P4 in Key west

Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
boat ran 112 MPH with 509cu all day.

With 500s, its 100mph all day long. How the hell is that boat allowed to run in P4? I would certainly be pissed, if I had to run against that. with a single 30.
Bruce,

I agree with you. These speeds and power of engine dont seem right to me to be fit in class 4. What is the maximum speed and hp in class 4?

Chris
Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Bruce,

I agree with you. These speeds and power of engine dont seem right to me to be fit in class 4. What is the maximum speed and hp in class 4?

Chris
Speed is 85 MPH. Not sure what the HP limit is, if any. Simmons is a 34 footer with twin 500's that runs in P4 and I haven't heard anybody complain about them...
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Speed is 85 MPH. Not sure what the HP limit is, if any. Simmons is a 34 footer with twin 500's that runs in P4 and I haven't heard anybody complain about them...

Simmons is a 90 mph boat open cockpit.
Big difference running a former factory 2 vs a 100+mph. super v. w/ canopy

They should be in class 2 or 3. dont really know how they pulled that off.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

What do you think would be the fairest way to make the classes? Speed, size, hp? I run a 30' single in P4. In rough water we get slamed, in smooth water we can fly but only up to 85mph! I feel speed is the best of the choices. With the different water conditions, different boats can either do good or bad. If the water was the same everywhere, then the boats could be better matched. Hats off to all that have tried and are trying to keep racing. But One org would make for the best with a large boat count at all sites. Maybe one day it can happen and we can be as big as nascar!
just my 2 cents....................
Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP Member

Just my 2 cents. a 35 Fountain non stagger with 500's 90 mph boat. But, Canopy vrs open boat, no contest. The lid changes everything.
In defense of SBI. the KW worlds attracts boats that have either not raced all year, or at least not with SBI all year. The staff has one day to sort it all out and get them all in the right classes. Once in a class, it is too late to make a change because points are already scored on wednesday. Once placed it is what it is. Tough job when some of the boats are not familiar with the staff. The Worlds is an end of year free for all. One BIG point. No matter who is in what class, it always boils down to who survives and finishes three races. My advice would be have a blast, enjoy the warmth, cause it's cold as balls up here. Smitty
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black and white rules don't work well in P Classes. You need to use them and ad a dose of common sense. For the most part I believe OPA has done this well.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Just my 2 cents. a 35 Fountain non stagger with 500's 90 mph boat. But, Canopy vrs open boat, no contest. The lid changes everything.
In defense of SBI. the KW worlds attracts boats that have either not raced all year, or at least not with SBI all year. The staff has one day to sort it all out and get them all in the right classes. Once in a class, it is too late to make a change because points are already scored on wednesday. Once placed it is what it is. Tough job when some of the boats are not familiar with the staff. The Worlds is an end of year free for all. One BIG point. No matter who is in what class, it always boils down to who survives and finishes three races. My advice would be have a blast, enjoy the warmth, cause it's cold as balls up here. Smitty
Well said Smitty, when are you getting down there?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Simmons is a 90 mph boat open cockpit.
Big difference running a former factory 2 vs a 100+mph. super v. w/ canopy

They should be in class 2 or 3. dont really know how they pulled that off.
It's easy.. just show up to the Race with P4 already on the boat and see if it slips by..
I think it would be a Great Class 3 boat... But there isn't a Class 3 anymore...
Old 11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

when P-class was set up there was still alot of pollitics going on about Factory 1 being the class that would last out all others, and classes like A + B were not worth keeping alive. P-class is great from a cost aspect and worked good for bring in some new racers but as the weekend guys started racing against VR-1 factory champs or Super Vees that never had to open their boats to full power they slowly went away. All I can say is that i'm just happy as h--l that there are still places for us guys too race at. So it dosn't matter SBI or OPA as long as there is a class for me and my boat and (THE MONEY DON'T RUN OUT ) we'll be racing till the boat is on the bottom.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
So hypothetically speaking. If that boat runs OPA, what class would you think it should run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.