Notices

Mich City 2013

Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I agree good point, class 7 ONE BOAT perfect class...Lol

NONE in St Clair even better .... perfect perfect perfect class.
Don't take that post the wrong way; I hear Michigan City is a great race site. I just questioned on how anyone would think that a very small boat count in multiple classes is a perfect race.
I wont bother posting here again.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FREEZE FRAME VIDEO
It Was A great Race all The Photos From Event Are Posted at www.freezeframevideo.net
Umm Frank.... Do I need to add, "Close the hatch" to the list?
Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this was my first time attending an event like this, and i decided beforehand that if the lake wasn't nice, i was still going by car. Im a avid motorsport event attender. Been to many motogp, indy, motorcross, and nascar events and i personally think 9 boats in the race is a very small field on a 4mi course. 15-20 would be small to normal. It was cool to see the hardware up close and even hear WHM flushing and fogging. I would have liked to see the boats being loaded on the trailers, but i walked the wrong way back, being first time.

IMO, races shouldn't be cancelled for any reason, other than a missing person in the area. if teams choose not to run in conditions, that's up to them, but im pretty sure these boats can run in poor conditions.

i hope there will be a better turnout next year, and maybe another lake michigan date closer to chicago??
Old 08-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Umm Frank.... Do I need to add, "Close the hatch" to the list?
Ya we had sh$t banging around every where, it was a little rough. But all and all it was a good run and alot of fun.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Had a great time despite the boat count. The crowd was way down compared to years past.

Ya think. No disrespect but With just nine boats did people even notice a race was taking place?

It really is ashame the organizations can't get along. It would have been nice to race 3 weekends in a row and with all the other boats parked just an hour up the street it seems really pathetic.

Maybe someday.....
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe
Ya think. No disrespect but With just nine boats did people even notice a race was taking place?

It really is ashame the organizations can't get along. It would have been nice to race 3 weekends in a row and with all the other boats parked just an hour up the street it seems really pathetic.

Maybe someday.....
Not really sure what it has to do with the Organizations, all racer was welcome if they wanted to race. No differenet then any racer that wants to run this coming weekend. Everyone wants to point fingers at the Organ. and use that as an excuse .
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe

Maybe someday.....
The crowd enjoed it. St clair is a 4 hr pull to Michigan City, take a look at a map! I agree its a shame the organizations cant get along. The racing was very close and fun to watch. The average onlookers have no idea what boats are in what class so the more boats the more confusing it becomes. Regardless the racers put on a great show!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

I really don't think the org's have any problem with each other. SBi is a Florida bases org, as are it's teams. Long haul to Michigan City, hats off to the teams that made the trip. OPA is a North east org, with eight of it's own races this year. The teams are struggling to make eight races, nevermind add on a trip to Michigan city. Just my opinion, don't shoot.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Watched it on live stream.. Some great racing even with the low boat count. WHM, STIHL, JD BYRIDER, then the guys in the small BYRIDER fountain an the outerlimits.. All the teams put on a hell of a show. Beach looked pretty full as well from the views I saw on the feed.. Some venues just draw more than others....
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Man , u guys I love the Michigan races. I was one of the guys who helped push st Clair to a short couse for the fans. It's a great race site with great fans. Michigan city is also a fabulous site with great fans....like smithy said its all about travel and a 4 bucks a gallon it's a deciding factor. I wish more were in Michigan ...and yes super boat ran the crap out of each boat....all left with damage..you guys are all great fans...keep coming to races and support it....can't thank you enough....

Ps holy crap I won one....forgot how that feels....it was fun

And yes beach was full. Really cool

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 08-06-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.