Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Super Vee Role Call for Cocoa Beach? >

Super Vee Role Call for Cocoa Beach?

Notices

Super Vee Role Call for Cocoa Beach?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be competitive. But remember your still at 502cu and 8.7 cr. If you've had it apart to bore it to 510 and cut the heads for 9.0 cr it's pretty likely that the head chambers were also worked, better valve angles and some bowl blending was going on. The 525 cam is good stock but while it's apart who wouldn't play with duration.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a good motor is one thing , butt you have to remember you'll have 4 or 5 of the top Super V teams in the country. There is a lot of talent in that class and well seasoned teams that have run together for years.

Any new boats showing up there should definitely not be disappointed in themselves or their equipment, u need a lot of seat time and get familiar with the other teams. If you lift once or make a mistake they will check out I promise you.

If anyone was in Key West and seen the race that Brit ran it was absolutely flawless he did exactly what you have to do and didn't make any mistakes he got out front, got a great start, picked great lines, and stayed up front.

A start with 8 or 10 boats in Cocoa is definitely not for the faint of heart, they will all charge hard as soon as the green flag lifts.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 03-24-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
And for the record I have NEVER blown a Merc motor. That's 17 years with over 200 races and countless hours of testing. You can imagine why us OPA guy's like this package. HP to weight has been great for this class for years. More HP and RPM = more speed, more breakage, more danger, more drive issues. I understand and get the whole build your own spec motor. I just wish a little more thought would have gone into building a spec that couldn't make more than 525 HP. My fear is every year someone some how figures out how to make more HP. Call me a wimp but 100 MPH is getting to a speed we don't need to be going in a 30' boat with 10 other guy's around in turn one. Just my opinion. We all have choices.
UHHH, I think you might be running on your 4th or 5th motor. LOL
Old 04-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Registered

One month to go, excited to see turnout!

Looks like it's going to be a good year!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Whats the chances of showing up for Coco with our stock 525's with the turned up ecu and being close to being competitive?
Not good, we played around with a couple boxes...doesn't pick up like you think it would....definitely no where near any 620hp
Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Cocoa not to far off now.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Registered

Less than 3 weeks till the season starts, I hear there are 4 SVL boats preregistered. Who else is going?

Chris Flood, are you and the other new boat going to make it? What about Will Smith's 32 Phantom or any of the OPA boys? Any word from Mark from Activator if he is ready and coming?

I'm still a couple of months out on finishing my boat but plan on racing as soon as it's ready!
Old 04-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Yes.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Nobody racing has had to do a rebuild in the last 3 years. And Merc did I believe 3-4 that year so no one has needed any seals. All the motors have seals that are numbered engraved and registered to that particular motor. If you are not racing in OPA I don't think anyone would reseal a motor when they rebuild it.
So, where did the good Dr get his motor(s) sealed?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

He never ran with OPA that I am aware of. He did run with OSS and I have no idea where his motors came from. Im not sure at that time if they traced the seal numbers back to merc. If the seals were on your motor then there was not a lot of questions about the internals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.