Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
apba boats seized?? >

apba boats seized??

Notices

apba boats seized??

Old 10-28-2002, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I arrived at the Port Friday at 330pm and left with my boat by 6, no problems. I did have my receipt with my name on it, and I noticed some teams sent drivers that were not listed on the documents. Could this be the problem?
Old 10-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never seen such a DISorginsed sport as offshore boat racing. You would have thought by now someone would have got it dialed in. The only time ive seen any type of continunity was with POPBRA in Ca. What this sport needs is to have some professionals running the show. Everything seems to be shoot from the hip and hope it works itself out. There needs to be a full time PAID professional staff of people gettin this **** orginised and not a bunch of little Cesaers guessing.This is not directed to APBA/LLC....the're all guilty. People not getting paid winners purses, schedules always changing, rules changing with the winds, stupid little details like that. The volenteers are great to a point, but if your gonna call yourselves pros, get some pros to run the damn thing, or it will always just be like the old days of street racing without the traffic tickets.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:41 PM
Registered

By the way, why is this the racers problem? The APBA should handle the situation, even if they have to put the $s in escrow somewhere until the problem is solved. Can you imagine the costs accruing for the teams having to organize the pick up of their boats and rigs? Ryan, how many boats are still stuck there?
Old 10-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

Aw. c'mon Dan, you're masking your emotions again. Why don't ya say what you'e really thinking? When ya movin' back up here? Team Chaos need ya. If for no other reason than to drive by KAAMA.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

We agreed in writing to a price and a method of measurement with shipper with a very good reputation, Seaboard Marine. They were paid in advance of THEIR estimated fee. When we got to Miami, they said "another $29,000 is owed." We said please show us the basis for that calculation. They said, "if we did that, you would try to chisel the bill." I was stunned! How can someone with whom you have a contract not provide the basis of an increase in the cost?

I told them to keep Critical Lift until the matter was straightened out and they agreed. That is why boats were released Friday. This morning, with no communication from us, they reneged on that deal. We said keep the CRE trailer also, now you have $500,000 in value, let the race boats go. They said no, pay or no boats. AND we will not give you a bill for the shipping until after you pay and then we can discuss it!!! Unbelievable.

The boats are safe and the APBA is working on the problem. We will pay the $29,000 if we have to to get the boats released, but it is grossly unfair to us and to the racers as people have been delayed and we are being billed unfairly. We will fight for our and our racer's rights. I know good business principles and what integrity is and this firm is exhibiting neither. Our apologies to those delayed. It makes us all very angry.

Ted Zoli
Old 10-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The hell with the racing. Personally, I`ve lost all interest in it.

F`ups like this are making poker runs all the more popular!
Old 10-28-2002, 06:48 PM
TulsaLarry

I found their statement of how they do business, this is their own words:

Established in 1983, Seaboard Marine is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seaboard Corporation. We have identified unique and profitable opportunities in more than twenty countries while adapting to constantly changing environments. With each office and location contributing steadily to the company's growth, Seaboard Marine is a trade leader in the Western Hemisphere.

"Unique and profitable opportunities"
"constantly changing environments"

AHA, I think I get it.

http://www.seaboardmarine.com/About-Seaboard/index.htm

Old 10-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Ray there were still 20 plus boats there including several big teams Drambuie, WHM, Hidden Agenda, Brioschi, Pier57, etc.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

If anyone needs their boat picked up because of the change in schedule contact OSO and we can pick it up for you and keep it under lock and key until you can make arrangements. We are right here in N. Miami.

NO CHARGE!!

I mean no charge to pick it up, might have to pay to store depending on how long. I can call in some favors for storage.

OSO
Old 10-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb axe grinders - ease up!

Well there ya have it. Looks like APBA is not to blame and I'll take Ted Zoli's word anyday! Hang in there race teams and I'm sure this will be resolved quickly. Anybody know of a good lawyer? BH

Quick Reply: apba boats seized??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.