apba boats seized?? >

apba boats seized??

Notices

apba boats seized??

Old 10-28-2002, 09:11 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i am disappointed in the fact i have learned more here about what is happening to my equipment than from apba. nothing , no info about what is going on from apba. just really disappointed
Old 10-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down some keep sharpening the blade

Isn't it funny how the sofa racers and axe grinders keep putting down APBA Offshore? Go play in somebody elses sand box and don't complain about ours! Brian Hollis

PS. I'm in the transportation business and have been in similiar situations. Yes , freight being held hostage. I can see where this can happen. Anybody remember just weeks ago in Long Beach, Ca? Millions of pounds of freight sitting out on ships not being able to get to port? This could happen to anybody!
Old 10-28-2002, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this mess could have been avoided if the race had been run where it was originally scheduled, St Pete. I wonder how many teams will be so eager to travel to another country for our "National's" again?

I also think APBA should put the $29K in escrow, let the racers pick up their property, then fight it out in court.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

BH
Agreed. We have 8 boats stuck over there and you do not see us crying. This is life when you deal with certain companies, countries, and I will venture to say a lot of businesses in So. Fla. This certainly is not the APBA's fault and they will fix the problem. But it is nice of you guys to decide how they should handle it.
Ted and the APBA are being more than fair and should fight for what is right. And they certainly have proved they are worthy of making decisions when you look at where the APBA was before they took over. If you want to party, go to NO, we might even see you there for a good time. If you want to race, we will see you in Key West nov. 18-24th.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:58 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

How is this going to effect Key West? Does everyone have their boats back by now??

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-29-2002, 05:20 AM
Registered

There must have been some errors when paper work was filled out prior to shipment. (my 30' Phantom is almost 40' on the trailer, etc.) I carefully measured the truck and trailer and wrote down the exact dimensions. If everyone did the same, I would really like to know how there can be any discrepencies.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:41 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I'm not involved in this, it's not fair for me to comment, but those of you who are directly affected by this (i.e. the racers) may want to drop a line to the folks at Seaboard and let them know how their actions are affecting your impressions of them as a company:

[email protected]

[email protected]
Old 10-29-2002, 07:04 AM
jb
Registered

Ouch c spray.
I too am in this same business of Transportation. I ran into a similiar situation last week, but we were concerned how we tell the customer, and how much $$ we should eat. Our customer understood, we spoke of what was fair for all and there were no delays in the clearance/transport/release.

Zoli certainly has all race teams best interest in Mind.

The Transport co surely sound mischevious, but can really delay things if they want. Its too bad but you have to play nice until you get your boats out. Then you can let loose on em and battle it out. Unfortunately you probably will have to fight for your money back.

Good luck to all with boats still stuck...Its the innocent teams that suffer because of an error or mis-judgement somewhere.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man this is unbelievable. Mr. Offshore I see what you are saying that they company should know about drives and what not, HOWEVER it is the person that is filling in the paperworks responsibility to fill it in correctly. I mean if you say you have a 32 foot skater and I am the shipper how do I know if you have a 32 foot skater on there and you have NOT included drives and the front of the trailer, or if you have a 24 and DID include the trailer. You see what I am saying. You guys all say this and that about lawers, but I am sure that the shipping companies have lawers as well, and if APBA does not pay the bill I would not expect to see the boats released any time soon unfortunatly. If the bill is not being paid then I would think that they have every right to hold the equipment and boats. I would have to ask why did the sapposed deal fall apart? Did some one from APBA call them up and threaten legal action and cause the shipper to change their tune? Or did the shipper just change their mind? I honestly would be supprised to see the shipper release ANY of the boats tell this is resolved. It is their trump card. I just feel bad for the teams that were headed for the SBI worlds. I just think APBA should pay the damn bill and work it out later so that you all can have your boats back. This solves it all!!! You get the boats back and if they have a leg to stand on they will get their money back in court.

Jon
Old 10-29-2002, 07:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike way to scare the chit out of these guys!!!! They can not sell the stuff tell the issue is resolved and at that they will still have a lot of hurdles to go through to sell the stuff, so keep looking for your race boat some were else

Jon

Quick Reply: apba boats seized??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.