apba boats seized??

Notices

apba boats seized??

Old 10-29-2002, 07:38 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Audiofn
[B]Man this is unbelievable. Mr. Offshore I see what you are saying that they company should know about drives and what not, HOWEVER it is the person that is filling in the paperworks responsibility to fill it in correctly. I mean if you say you have a 32 foot skater and I am the shipper how do I know if you have a 32 foot skater on there and you have NOT included drives and the front of the trailer, or if you have a 24 and DID include the trailer. You see what I am saying "

What he said!

Its whomever booked the freights responsibility to know the freight size/dimension. Why should the carrier know a boat from a boat from an air conditioning unit? Do ya think they care or know a skater from a Bayliner? They need size and shapes and weight. They dont care two craps what it is(most of the time).
All they know is someone paid for x amount of space/Kilos and the estimate was wrong. They now want to get paid for the difference.

Again, only the race teams suffer, but the carrier does not care about the consequesnces. The imortant thing that needs to be addressed is making sure the boats are safe.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike it was a joke bro see the smiles and winks like this
Old 10-29-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking had to Fever Mike

Mike:

As a past P-Class inspector you should KNOW there are no 36-38 ft CENTER CONSOLES on that ship! HAHAHAHHA had to jab ya - BH
Old 10-29-2002, 08:04 AM
Doller Offshore

Default they have my truck also

I am losing $$ daily, while I am without one of my Trucks, and Doc Santiago's boat needs to get to the Boat Show. If I hear anything FIRST HAND I will post it.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Registered

This sounds like a bad situation, but they will get it worked out.

Crunch Crunch Crunch Crunch, Slirp Slirp Slirp
Gimey another bag!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:15 AM
CRUBOSS

sounds like a sticky whicket. good luck to all of you. not alot of time till key west. best wishes.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Registered

I believe this thread belongs in Racers Roundup. It is being moved.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright...It's funny how quick everyone is to blindly speculate, offer their ingenious advice, tell the APBA how they would have handled it better, but most of those have no clue, nor were they present.

Look, We've heard from Ted Zoli, we've heard from Racers and equipment owners and they're tune is totally different and more understanding. It's time to quit the finger pointing, blame games and coaching from the couch(office chair )...

You heard straight from the president...A contract was drawn, a price was agreed upon and the shipper is giving them a hard time........

It's certainly a precarious situation, but let's not blame the wrong party.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:54 AM
LadySunseeker

I'll say this because no one else did. I think that it was very nice of OSO to offer to pick up the boats for the teams that can't get down to So FL. If everyone in the high-performance end of the industry would follow their lead on customer service, maybe we'd have more people interested in this sport.

I was hanging with a bunch of guys from the NYMTA and the NMMA. They made the analogy that if the boating industry were one big family than high-performance would be the bastard child that no one wanted. Sad.

OSO - Thank you for your unselfish gesture of kindness to our felow racers.

Does anyone know if SuperboatUSA.com and Dirty Cash got out on Friday? And, is this going to effect the Key West race?

Best regards,
Jennifer

Old 10-29-2002, 08:54 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

From Ted's words the least the shipper could do is to explain how the boats were measured incorrectly that led to the extra $$. If they won't explain how the papers were filled out wrong, how can you argue the case?

Ted offered to give them $500,000 in colateral, that wasn't enough? They need to hold many millions of dollars worth of boats to collect $30 K? Something sounds fishy. Too bad customs doesn't oversee this nonsense.

Quick Reply: apba boats seized??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.