Prop results, Y2K

Notices

Prop results, Y2K

Old 07-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prop results, Y2K

Pat After Running 48 Hours On Superbabi With The 27" Right Hand Prop, I Also Am Going To The Left, As Zz Said Left Is Faster And The Pull With 600 Pulls The Boat To The Left.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Is there any danger in F'in up your drive by switching rotation? Particularly a drive with a lot of hours on it?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Faster,no i haven't!! you got a link?? tripps
Old 07-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
Faster,no i haven't!! you got a link?? tripps
Tripps, clean out your PM box.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Superbabi My 30 had both batteries on the drivers side with a right hand drive and sat in the water funny for that reason but the boat ran even on plane. When I went lefty the boat leaned to the drivers side so I move one battery over now having one on each side to correct the problem. Where are your batteries?

Dave When you put the drive in reverse the cone clutch pushes up into the top gear putting the pressure on the top cap. Being an older drive my thought is it will not make a difference because it has hardly been used anyway. On the older performance drives the bottom gears was thicker to take the pressure and you where pushing against the case not the cap. Thats Y they sell stud kits and billet top caps.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 07-20-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Zz Superbabi Has One Port And One Starboard, All Spread Out Equal For Weight Load. The Boat Does Lean Left Underway Needing The Port K-plane To Level Her Out. I Believe The Tab Down Somewhat Does Rob A Couple Mph's Off The Top End. Jc's Boat Did The Same Thing , You Can See It In The Video That Freezeframe Made At The Races. Also The Current Onwer Has The Same Thing Going On. I Feel That The Change To Left Rotation Will Equal This Out. I Just Have To Get The Left Hand Prop And Try.............soon .
Old 07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet moving the port battery to the starboard and having both on that side will fix the lean for a right hand drive. It worked for me.And its a cheap fix and worth not having to use any tabs.For the left I have one on each side.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 07-20-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
I bet moving the port battery to the starboard and having both on that side will fix the lean for a right hand drive. It worked for me.And its a cheap fix and worth not having to use any tabs.For the left I have one on each side.
ZZ I UNDERSTAND THE 1ST PART, MOVING BOTH BATTERYS TO THE STARBOARD. SORRY I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY FOR THE LEFT YOU HAVE ONE ON EACH SIDE????
Old 07-20-2005, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I would agree that a lefty prop could be faster being that the engine rotates the same and there would not be a direction change.

For Dave's question:
I have heard of people changing drive rotation from time to time to even out the weir. But that was on twin engine boats because there is a concern that the left hand drive will not last as long...

As for our boats leaning over:
These 7' beam boat are vary weight sensitive and I would venture to say each a little different...
My boat runs level with out any port tab if I'm alone. I have one battery and it is mounted on the starboard side. Remember the helm is also on the starboard side. My weight along with the additional weight starboard counteracts the roll from the right hand prop.
As soon as I add a passenger, I need some port tab to run level.

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 07-20-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Pat Have You Watched Your Rpm's Drop As You Add The Tab Downward. Sort Of Like A Brake ???

Quick Reply: Prop results, Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.