Notices

Prop results, Y2K

Old 07-21-2005, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Prop results, Y2K

Originally Posted by bajababi
Pat Have You Watched Your Rpm's Drop As You Add The Tab Downward. Sort Of Like A Brake ???
Oh Yes Gary...
The boat is fastest with the flaps up and trimmed to fly.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I know this is an old thread. I am curious how many Y2K owners are running LH props?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave. They are set up with Lefty's now. Seems to take the lean out of the hull. Same with the Fountain 29. They run lefty too.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Rick,

I'm going to try a lefty when I get the chance. I am noticing a lean to the left. My 24 leaned left until I trimmed it out a bit. Maybe I just need some more seat time to find the sweet spots.

Another ? about the k-planes. Most newer Y2Ks have the tabs parallel to the water now. I've also seen them parallel with the hull. The tabs on my 24 were parallel with the hull and seemed to have a greater effect when lowered.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Thanks Rick,

I'm going to try a lefty when I get the chance. I am noticing a lean to the left. My 24 leaned left until I trimmed it out a bit. Maybe I just need some more seat time to find the sweet spots.

Another ? about the k-planes. Most newer Y2Ks have the tabs parallel to the water now. I've also seen them parallel with the hull. The tabs on my 24 were parallel with the hull and seemed to have a greater effect when lowered.
Slightly different application with outboards on mine, but I am parrallel to hull (we really didnt have room to fit them in parrallel to water) and they work really well. I rarely need to use them unless I am trying to keep the nose down at really low speeds or in a strong cross wind, but just a little tap and I am level
Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by elvisali
just a little tap and I am level
That's the way my 24 was. If lowered much below neutral, they would start to bow steer the boat.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
That's the way my 24 was. If lowered much below neutral, they would start to bow steer the boat.
Yea, definitly very sensitive, the parrallel to the water may be the same way, but I havent been in one set up like that, keeping my fingers crossed, I should be in the water sat for first ride of the season
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Gold Member

I have a port lean... dragging a bit of port tab. I'm considering trying a lefty prop soon. Was also worried about a 300+hr drive switching direction...
Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try moving both batteries to the other side it worked for me. Moving weight around is cheaper then props. Start with a sand bag and see what happens.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Try moving both batteries to the other side it worked for me. Moving weight around is cheaper then props. Start with a sand bag and see what happens.
Good idea. I have a battery on each side now. I keep my "gear" box on the star side. Anchors, tools, etc., probably weighs 75 lbs or so. I try to seat passengers to help too.

Quick Reply: Prop results, Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.