Y2K Questions

Notices

Y2K Questions

Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Y2K Questions

Jay I would wait until JC has the demo boat ready. The best place to stay so you are local to factory 5 min rigging shop 10 min would be the South Bay Motel 631-842-3700. The place is fine for your needs. We spent about 10 nights there over the the Superbabi build. You really will love the water at LI !!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Pat, being 5'-7", where does the gunwale hit you?
In the ribs, definitely above my bellybutton...
The boat is plenty deep for kids if that is what your thinking...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

No, actually I'm thinking it looks like it could work with a set of bolsters for somone of my challenged height. Looking at the pics on the Superbabi thread, it looks like the seats are very similar to bolsters in height. Would anyone agree with this?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not sure but I think the bolsters may be taller than the seats. These are the bolsters that went to Maryland with a Y2K. The onwer ordered the bolsters than changed his mind and went with seats.
Attached Thumbnails Y2K Questions-supervisit-040-small-.jpg  
Old 09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll let you know that the cockpit sole is around 3 or 4" higher then our old 30' Tempest. Once you try the seats, you'll say to yourself " This is the way to go"
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No, actually I'm thinking it looks like it could work with a set of bolsters for somone of my challenged height. Looking at the pics on the Superbabi thread, it looks like the seats are very similar to bolsters in height. Would anyone agree with this?
The boat is probably deep enough for bolsters, but I would still go with seats.
JC told me that when they designed the new Y2K deck, the lines were designed around sitting not standing.
The older 30' Tempest deck was better for standing.
The Zuperboat was the last 30' built will the Tempest deck and stand/sit bolsters. Mike has since lowered the sitting position of his bolsters because he rarely stands while driving.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Rick, Right now I am talking to my wife about the differences between sitting down and standing up. We went to LOTO and rode in a 25 Active Thunder and a 28 Pantera. She definitely felt more comfortable standing than sitting. We were looking at 24' boats before that, bit now 28' is the min.

How is scheduling looking? We can't put a full deposit down until mid-Jan. We wanted to be on the water by Memorial day. Not looking for anything crazy. GM Vortec 525 because I think we can get that for about the same as a Mercruiser 496HO. XR drive, hydraulic steering. Basic interior package with basic finished cabin. Is the timeline doable for something like that based on your experience? Any idea as to how hat setup will perform?

Also, do you think there will be a working boat available to look at around the 30th of this month. As I said before, we are going to be in Hershey and I'd like to head over while we're in that part of the country.

Thanks for the help!!

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

How is scheduling looking? We can't put a full deposit down until mid-Jan. We wanted to be on the water by Memorial day.
Good Luck With That...

JC, told me that if I wanted a new boat for 2006, to make a deposit no later than the fall of 2005.

I would say judging from the three we watched Rick build here on OSO and knowing that Superboat seems to be swamped with orders, 6-8 months would be more realistic...
Old 09-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over Eight Months For Me With The Custom Engine.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As for my part. I can build the Y2K between 6 and 8 weeks. The rest is a waiting game. We waited forever for Superbabi's motor. Then the coring materials were backordered over a month. I blew JC's out in 4 weeks !! Once the deck goes on I need another week and it's done. The next Y2K already has the stringers in and the deck cored. Luckily, all the boats going to BC Canada are unrigged. We have another order for a yellow one from Florida. But today I was contacted about putting in a 1200 hp turbine in a Y2k to have ready by spring. Took the measurements, and it looks like we can make it work.
All I can say is we have 3 orders, 2 of which are unrigged. and th4e Yellow one is a standard 496 package, nothing special.

Quick Reply: Y2K Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.