Hydromotive P5 >

Hydromotive P5

Notices

Hydromotive P5

Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Hydromotive P5

Never Delt With Herring Before. I Think Its 6 Months To Get One Unless You Know Someone. Their Not Cheap Either, And Yes More Than Double For A Speedy.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Never Delt With Herring Before. I Think Its 6 Months To Get One Unless You Know Someone. Their Not Cheap Either, And Yes More Than Double For A Speedy.
Zup,
Getting props for your Speedmaster has been difficult and expensive. Is there no adapter to use Bravo type props?
Or are the Bravo props just too small in diameter?
Does Merc make a round blade type prop for your drive?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I made the adaptor for the conversion but the diameter of the prop is a problem. Even having lowered the drive to 3 inches below its just not happy. You would think that using a speedmaster drive you are using more diameter of the prop because the hub is only 2 inches wide compared to the bravo hub at 6 . The only person that make a speedy spline round ear is HOSS. Herring makes a cleaver with round ear carractoristicks. Their is a guy running a herring and has to put weight in the nose because its to flighty.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

There seems to be a bit of confusion here...FYI for the photoshoot I ran a 28p Bravo 1 labbed (JC's) prop. The 29 I had just got back after hitting a sandbar I was not happy with so that was the prop I ran with. That prop I hit the limiter pretty hard. Currently I have a 30 being cut down to a 29 @ Bblades(Similar to the prop I bought from et5508) only Brett and I are discussing just how we are going to to it. I tried the P5X 25p and again hitting the limiter hard. I tried the 26 but was 5150 rpm @ 74ish with a huge gain in midrange over all others. Gene at throttle up was given the results with working either prop. I felt we should work the 26 but ultimately he bent the 25 into a 25.6 being his recomendation. I only tried it once with T-Mone on a very windy(50 mph) Sunday. Running 76.4ish. Not real impressed but not a good day for optimum results. I was still hitting the limiter when trimming up. Problem was It was hard to determine if the bow was starting to drop or was it the wind. I still believe I should have gone with the 26 and worked backwards, two different schools of thought. Genes was that the 25 worked better all around so thats why he worked that one up. Anyway I ran out of good weather and the headbolt and headgasket recall has sidelined me till next season. There ya have it right from the horses mouth. Sorry for not chiming in earlier but I've been busy at work...
Old 12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Other talk on the prop subject...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...544post1551544
Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krakmeup
I tried a P5 and saw +5 mph at 4000 rpm and +3mph at WOT on the same day, same conditions. It's where I'm headed, but after a 1" drive spacer gets added. JC says the X dimension is right-on, he has played with raising and lowering 1". Jcap saw improvement with 2" spacer at speeds in the 90's. We've all said the Y2K needs bow lift, so I'm going to add some next week and I'll post the numbers before and after on a Bravo 1, after the weekend of Dec 11th........if all goes well - stay tuned!
Keith,
Any luck with the prop?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately no - last week I caught a cold, and this week we have big north winds - living in a coastal area, that means the local water gets sucked out of our lake and the boat ramps sit high and dry .

The spacer is in my hands, as well as a XZ gear set. We've also been in close communication with Lavorsi and they are working with me to try the wireless transmitter for the steering wheel to operate the trim tabs - they know of the issues and think they have a way around it - more on that one as we get it working, R&D can be fun or frustrating, we'll see!

Back to props - right now, today(Friday) may offer me a window to make a pre spacer run to get numbers, but this weekend we're expecting heavy rains and 30mph north winds. Not good for speed runs, but I'm trying!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Registered

Keith, still with us??? Hydromotive?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep! I'm here!! - strong north winds took our water away!!!! Well, the new schedule looks like this Saturday I can do the speed runs and then next week the spacer - hang in there, it's going to be 78 on Sunday here!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Registered

Quick Reply: Hydromotive P5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.