Superbabi For Sale ???

Notices

Superbabi For Sale ???

Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Thinking out loud, New bottom Y2K, 800 HP EFI ( no supercharger ) and a ASD drive system ..........100 mph ????
Lots of unknowns with an ASD on the Y2K.
The new hull does 92-94 with 800HP and a Konrad so it would be too close to call.
Personally, I think you'd be happier with the handling of the boat with a #6 vs. the ADS.
If we were talking twin ADS, now that is a different story...
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Lots of unknowns with an ASD on the Y2K.
The new hull does 92-94 with 800HP and a Konrad so it would be too close to call.
Personally, I think you'd be happier with the handling of the boat with a #6 vs. the ADS.
If we were talking twin ADS, now that is a different story...
Ok Pat, lets try this way, Y2k ( new faster bottom ) twin ASD's ( for top end ) what size small blocks to reach 100 ??
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

550hp. shouldn't have to be too radical.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary, your on the right track!! Surface drives are an unknown and could prove to be an expensive test. Unless you can get a joint venture going between Superboat and a suface drive company to set up and test for R&D purposes. If it fails you don't have to pay!!!

The way these builder are making huge power that may be a little more reliable and less maintenance then in the past, and with the lightweight of the Y2K, I think the Konrad would hold up behind 900 hp if driven respectfully.

You have plenty of time to research all this by the time SB II is ready for power.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,several single engine boats have been rigged with asd and have been fast,but most have been removed probably from lack of control,I don't know this for a fact but assume only reason,dual asd would handle better and 550hp or so would give 100+ mph,just twins in a 7ft beam pain to work on,better be good friends with your mechanic.The single in engine in a y2k i think is the better way to run,the Konrad boat runs perfect and i think the drive can handle 900-950hp in the light y2k hull if not too abused,that power will easily put you over 100,now the 6 drive would be cool but the extra weight could hurt balance of boat,also would need to figure drive height and figure any rigging issues,also need a nice budget for props and spacers to get it dialed in.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Gary,
Using the twin 320HP/6.2L Y2K and the Bam speed calculator it would take twin 500HP small blocks to go 100mph. How much less with ADS drives ??
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey Gary,
Using the twin 320HP/6.2L Y2K and the Bam speed calculator it would take twin 500HP small blocks to go 100mph. How much less with ADS drives ??
Pat, the ASD could perhaps do it with 450 per side ??
Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Gary,several single engine boats have been rigged with asd and have been fast,but most have been removed probably from lack of control,I don't know this for a fact but assume only reason,dual asd would handle better and 550hp or so would give 100+ mph,just twins in a 7ft beam pain to work on,better be good friends with your mechanic.The single in engine in a y2k i think is the better way to run,the Konrad boat runs perfect and i think the drive can handle 900-950hp in the light y2k hull if not too abused,that power will easily put you over 100,now the 6 drive would be cool but the extra weight could hurt balance of boat,also would need to figure drive height and figure any rigging issues,also need a nice budget for props and spacers to get it dialed in.
Dave, all well said, I do have concerns about the #6 and dialing in at my expense.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Gary,
How about this:
30' Superboat Y2KII Poker run 2 seater.
Twin full staggered 500+HP all aluminum small blocks.
Bravo XR ITS.
Now that would be a sick rig!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

how would the boat run w/ that much weight forward?
And i wouldn't bother w/ 450hp. not worth skimping.
just imagine w/ 450 and you're running 99!!!

Quick Reply: Superbabi For Sale ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.