Superboat gathering ?

Notices

Superboat gathering ?

Old 03-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey GRH,

I know what you means as far as the kids. Mine are 4.5 and 1.5 yrs. It would probably be a better time for me if I left the wife and kids behind on this one. My wife isn't wild about going fast especially in the rough. She's not crazy about camping out on the boat, if it was up to her we would have a cruiser. NOT!!

I guess as far as kids, that can be up to everybody's own judgement.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

If it was at democrat beach,its a great place for kids to play,ill be bringing mine . after we go to Kismet inn with john who will be able to drive? haha,just kidding but my kid can driveit. the water gets warm in july but we might see a summer sooner,thank god,so lets make it a casual thing,no legal ties,just fun,maybe a ride to jones inlet and back,a beach party,ill bring my grill and cooler. any body have any other ideas tripps
Old 03-20-2002, 08:58 AM
GRH

Dave M - you bring up a good point... my wife is not likely to enjoy chasing John & his 30' accross the Great So Bay in our 24' @70+ just to keep them in sight! My kids would LOVE IT.... but... maybe I 'll bring the kids & leave Karen home.... that won't work! To each his own... if its an overnight & I can sleep on the boat I'd probably come alone or w/ my 10 yr old son... like Tripps said... he can be my DD.... how aboutthrowing out some dates to get this moving forward....

Old 03-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in

Hi, new to this board, (been lurking here and there) but some may know me from Scream and Fly. I used to have a Hydrostream Valero but last summer I moved up in size to a 21 Superboat. Now I feel I'm sort of an in between S&F and Offshore guy. I wouldn't really consider a 21 a serious offshore, and it's not a river rocket, I think I've finally found a happy medium that makes the wife pretty happy too. Don't get me wrong I still want more speed and I daydream about that 300X all day.

I've heard there has been controversy between the two boards, but I don't care, I like the guys at S&F and I want to meet with fellow Superboaters. I'm from Verona, N.J. and I go to the Great S. Bay very often in the summer. Met a lot of cool hotboaters there. Hope to take part in this summer's Superboat festivities.

Mike Mongiovi
21' Superboat
225 Pro Max
Dodge Ram V10 2500 Black
Old 03-20-2002, 12:46 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

hi all spoke to john his idea would be have something at the kismet inn,around late sept. i think tripps idea about the beach party and a offshore cruise to jones inlet is a good idea and then maybe go to the inn for dinner and drinks.as far as it being a guys day or family day it up to you guy's.the only problem would be at the inn ny state law kids are not allowed to hang around the bar area there a 110 slip marina and a guy who rent's out condos 100' from the inn studios,1&2 bedrooms
and at110 plus a 21 is a great offshore boat ask joey impresia or
tony from ocean outboard or nigel hook they all got there start in offshore racing in a 21 superboat
john want's it in sept because he thinks i would be easy to get the dock space at the inn and it wont be to busy at the inn
Old 03-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Jim H.,

Sounds good to me. Where exactly is the Kismet Inn? Can you get the phone number for the condos. This could work good. If I bring the family and they get tired of the boating / partying they can hang at the condo.

There are SBI races September 7-8th, 28-29th, and APBA on the 21-22nd if that matters. That leaves the weekend of the 14-15th. How does that sound everybody?

Dave M.
Old 03-20-2002, 04:22 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

dave m. weekend of the 14th sound good john coen has to speak to the owner of the inn to set something up for the weekend. if you look at the chart of the south shore of li kismet is about 3 miles east of the fire island inlet,democrat point is at the inlet
the phone for the condo guy is 631-586-6362 you might want to call asap because the fill up fast.
i was talking to john about factory tours and maybe a display at kismet of all his boats
i also was thinking o fhaving some kind of contest like oldest superboat,who came from the farthest away,etc etc
Old 03-20-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Hey guys the 14 is ok for me,and as a matter of fact,im gonna doit everyweekend as soon as i get it in. Ill bet who has the oldest superboat,its a 73 and not mine. how about the fastest one contest? And the 24 is made to order for the greatsouthbay plus i know some calm water shortcuts. Hey Jim is the display gonna be in water? or on land. this could be BIG
Old 03-20-2002, 06:00 PM
GRH

Sept. 14th looks good to me... plenty of time to plan... How about a contest for who "drove" thier boat from farthest away.... I can launch in Albany & "fly" down the Hudson.... I'm lookin to win this contest! The Kismet Inn sounds great... I assume they have launch facilities & a place to store the Truck & Trailer? Is this Inn "Kid" friendly? Pool or beach would do it... Dam I'm gettin a woody just thinkin of the possibilities!!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!

Old 03-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

Hey GRH there is no ramp at the inn,but captree state park is less than two miles away,check out mapguest and ive had my kids there during the day and evening for dinner,but late night,a nono but there are other places to go tripps

Quick Reply: Superboat gathering ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.