Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Superboat PICS! >

Superboat PICS!

Notices

Superboat PICS!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna get some of the 21 from last weekend, but I think I might have been successful in runing my camera instead .

Pics will follow somtime soon.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
ANY of you Superboaters own a camera or what?
You must have kids !! Cuz you sure as hell aint gonna Paddle the Y2K ...LOL
What's with the paddle Dave ??
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
You must have kids !! Cuz you sure as hell aint gonna Paddle the Y2K ...LOL
What's with the paddle Dave ??
Ha-Ha! It was in there from the previous owner. Although, I've always keep a paddle in all my boats. You're probably right, it's not going to do much with the Y2K. It might be enough to keep me in the tide.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Ha-Ha! It was in there from the previous owner. Although, I've always keep a paddle in all my boats. You're probably right, it's not going to do much with the Y2K. It might be enough to keep me in the tide.
When you get a chance find the calmest water you can find sit on the bow and see if you can move it with the paddle .. Would be a funny site to see and make for a great picture . I tried to move the 24 with a paddle , last day I ever carried a paddle with me lol !
I thought it might be mandatory and that's why you had it in there . You never know what some state laws are . Great pic's though !!!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anybody have any good ideas for a swim ladder on a Y2K? Yesterday I was just lifting the kids up onto the platform but I need a better plan. In deep water, I'm not sure if I could get back into the boat. I'm afraid that stepping on the tabs or drive is going to ultimately end in injury.

I'm wondering if I can access the inside of the swim platform through the holes in the engine compartment. So, I can through bolt a ladder of some sort.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have any good ideas for a swim ladder on a Y2K? Yesterday I was just lifting the kids up onto the platform but I need a better plan. In deep water, I'm not sure if I could get back into the boat. I'm afraid that stepping on the tabs or drive is going to ultimately end in injury.

I'm wondering if I can access the inside of the swim platform through the holes in the engine compartment. So, I can through bolt a ladder of some sort.

I keep staring at mine trying to figure that out too. There is a thread on here where I read JC said it was not strong enough for a ladder. But I have to believe someone has bolted a ladder to one of these things. I was thinking maybe one of those dive ladders on a corner maybe or even making a hatch in the bottom of the platform to add a backing plate for a regular fold down ladder.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm wondering if this would work. Thru-bolted from the top of the platform. The bolts would probably need to be 6-8" long.

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=99182

Or this,
http://windline.com/index.php?act=viewmodels&prod=36
Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would have to put some kind of spacer between the two halves I think, otherwise it would be sort of like squeezing an egg and I think the gel would crack.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ted some photos of your Y2k would be nice !!!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ted G
You would have to put some kind of spacer between the two halves I think, otherwise it would be sort of like squeezing an egg and I think the gel would crack.
I took a look last night and I'm thinking it would be difficult, but possible to thru bolt with backing plates to the lower part of the platform via the holes in the engine compartment. I think I can get my arm in there just far enough. Having the backing plates threaded, or welding the nuts onto the plate might make the job easier.
Attached Thumbnails Superboat PICS!-2010_1120_163407aa.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.