Hydromotive Props? >

Hydromotive Props?

Notices

Hydromotive Props?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I have my Maximus RH tuned to exactly 26 pitch and can turn it right to 5000 with a medium load.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
Dave, I have my Maximus RH tuned to exactly 26 pitch and can turn it right to 5000 with a medium load.
Thanks Ted! So, it sounds like a 28p Max might be too much for me. What speeds are you seeing?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Dave... just saw this ad.... price seems fair & he has a 26 & 28

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40788-en.html
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by GRH
Dave... just saw this ad.... price seems fair & he has a 26 & 28

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40788-en.html
Thanks! I saw that ad, sent the guy a message yesterday, no repsonse yet.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
I'm running the p5-x 29 left hand. Best prop so for. I was running a 4 blade lefty hydromotive and was better than the bravo 1. Had it labbed for bow lift, helped a bit

Call hydromotive for their pitch recommendation. Trying props gets expensive and trying to resell them sucks.
I though everyone on here knew about BRET at Bblades, he has a prop deal. where you pay for shipping for each prop you try as long as you don't break it you can swap props with him until you dial in your boat then buy the prop from him or have labbed to where its best. he started with merc and knows his stuff. good luck , I hope this helps out some of you OSO brothers . we are lucky to have a guy like Brett who makes a living selling and labbing props and will work with us here.Brett is on here at oso good luck and be safe, also we lost a brother this weekend Mike RIP HIGH LIFE.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 07-17-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: just saw Bret was brought up in a post futher down.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I though everyone on here knew about BRET at Bblades, he has a prop deal. where you pay for shipping for each prop you try as long as you don't break it you can swap props with him until you dial in your boat then buy the prop from him or have labbed to where its best. he started with merc and knows his stuff. good luck , I hope this helps out some of you OSO brothers . we are lucky to have a guy like Brett who makes a living selling and labbing props and will work with us here.Brett is on here at oso good luck and be safe, also we lost a brother this weekend Mike RIP HIGH LIFE.
I am familiar with Bblades program. I found a RH 26P Maximus in the classifieds. I'm expecting delivery later this week. Can't wait to try it!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I ran my RH 26P Maximus yesterday. I saw great increases in mid range speeds. Not sure what the top end will be yet. I was running with FULL gas, 4 people, gear, etc. I was seeing around 4850 RPMs. I'd like to get the RPMs up a bit, which I think will come with less fuel on board. Also, the water was nearly flat.

Another thing I noticed is that this prop seemed to reduce, if not eliminate the issue I was having with the boat leaning to port. I was able to run without any tab.

After one run, I'm very pleased. One thing I missed about my 24 Super was the great cruising speeds. I'm almost back to those speeds now.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I ran my RH 26P Maximus yesterday. I saw great increases in mid range speeds. Not sure what the top end will be yet. I was running with FULL gas, 4 people, gear, etc. I was seeing around 4850 RPMs. I'd like to get the RPMs up a bit, which I think will come with less fuel on board. Also, the water was nearly flat.

Another thing I noticed is that this prop seemed to reduce, if not eliminate the issue I was having with the boat leaning to port. I was able to run without any tab.

After one run, I'm very pleased. One thing I missed about my 24 Super was the great cruising speeds. I'm almost back to those speeds now.
I found the maximus was a better prop all around on my boat.... 3-5 mph faster in the 3500 rpm range.... planned better.... as you said little or no torque lean.... just not as fast on top as the bravo one... about 2-3 mph slower.... I can live with that for all the positives it gives me....
Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by GRH
I found the maximus was a better prop all around on my boat.... 3-5 mph faster in the 3500 rpm range.... planned better.... as you said little or no torque lean.... just not as fast on top as the bravo one... about 2-3 mph slower.... I can live with that for all the positives it gives me....
Yup! I got into the roughest water since buying the boat on Sat. The Y2K is BAD-AZZ in rough water! That prop stayed hooked up and allowed me to plane at lower speeds.