I just bought a y2k Superboat

Notices

I just bought a y2k Superboat

Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

These guys have some nice stuff http://www.ppi-fl.com/

Personally, I like the factory Y2K seats. I think the "Faster-dammit" boat had seat from PPI. That boat was is in the Philly area, not sure if it's still there. It was for sale not too long ago.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Outerlimits, Skater and MTI have Very cool new buckets. But Pricey. Fortunately, I just got finished making a mold for them. Incredibly comfortable, with unmatched lower back support. Which the Y2K seats don't have. These seats are not from Superboat. Use right arrow to scroll through the other pictures of the seat.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to show you how well they fit in the Y2k . FX10 - 6'2 200+ and fits like a glove !
Attached Thumbnails I just bought a y2k Superboat-cid__img_0274.jpg   I just bought a y2k Superboat-cid__img_4534.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
These guys have some nice stuff http://www.ppi-fl.com/

Personally, I like the factory Y2K seats. I think the "Faster-dammit" boat had seat from PPI. That boat was is in the Philly area, not sure if it's still there. It was for sale not too long ago.
I've got that boat now and the seats are very comfortable.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FX10
Outerlimits, Skater and MTI have Very cool new buckets. But Pricey. Fortunately, I just got finished making a mold for them. Incredibly comfortable, with unmatched lower back support. Which the Y2K seats don't have. These seats are not from Superboat. Use right arrow to scroll through the other pictures of the seat.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
It's telling me the the link is unavailable.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Just to show you how well they fit in the Y2k . FX10 - 6'2 200+ and fits like a glove !
I really like those seats you have put in the boat. Did you get those from the ppi site or are these the ones you have a mold for? What ever seat I put in the boat I would like to keep the leg room the same as I am 6' 6" tall. Also want a seat that better supports the lower back than the stock on. Any info on these seats would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Supreboat in; 03-06-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scabby Jack
I've got that boat now and the seats are very comfortable.

Good looking seat! These are from ppi?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Also occjoe I noticed It looks like you have a sub under the dash in the footrest area witch is what I had planed on doing. How well does this work out? Did you build a box in the cabin area for them to mount to so they are not free airing? I would like to in stall a 15" sub under both dashes but am very timid on cutting holes of that size in my boat and not knowing for sure how well it is going to work out. What size sub or subs did you install?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

There are boxes in my cabin . I'm pretty sure you wont have room for anything bigger then a 12 under there . I have 10's and my system sounds awesome . I own a stereo shop so I see and hear all types of systems .
Depending on the type of music you listen to determines what size subs you go with . Unless your gonna have a block party and break out the forty's you won't need 15's .
And free air subs sound like a$s so defiantly make an enclosure ..
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
There are boxes in my cabin . I'm pretty sure you wont have room for anything bigger then a 12 under there . I have 10's and my system sounds awesome . I own a stereo shop so I see and hear all types of systems .
Depending on the type of music you listen to determines what size subs you go with . Unless your gonna have a block party and break out the forty's you won't need 15's .
And free air subs sound like a$s so defiantly make an enclosure ..
I run the stock seats with seat belt over top of knees thats tight..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.