Superboat ?s >

Superboat ?s

Notices

Superboat ?s

Old 08-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superboat ?s

I have been reading about Superboats the last couple days and am considering one to replace my 35 Fountain. I would like to downsize for a few reasons. I have read about most of the other single engine boats that are similar. I would like to know more about the ride quality. I have read that Superboats do well in the rough. I boat only on a lake and the biggest waves are made by cruisers. My Fountain goes through them very well and I love the ride. If anyone could compare I'd appreciate it. My next question is what power would it take to get a Y2K to 90mph? I don't really want to give up much speed. Superboat looks like a great option for me I just want to learn as much as I can. I am also considering Activator for what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a Superboat Y2k, he's lookin to trade into a fountain, he needs something more family friendly. His runs a 700 hp 565 and runs Definately north of 90 mph. Has the race capsule that hours with it too
Old 08-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The good thing about Superboats is that they are fast in rough or flat water. The Y2K is just shy of 32' LOA. The cabin is huge, and there is more cockpit space than a lot of other boats out there. The engine is very accessible. If you are going new, it is totally customizable. If you are going used, most of them where rigged with all the good stuff from the factory, steering, k-planes, etc.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They kick ass in the rough! My dad used to have a 35 fountain, and as great of a boat it was, it didn't handle the rough like the Y2K does. The Y2K is just a much nicer riding boat in my opinion. With 700hp you will get a little above 90mph. I think I remember reading of a 90mph Y2K with a 650hp engine...

Image by Edmunds Photography.