Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Notices

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Old 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Cary!
Weíve been contemplating props for a while now. John has always had good luck on his 30 Y2Kís both IO and outboard with the bravo props, which John feels is a good go to for a (affordable) base line and I concur. Crunching some #ís with mercury our starting point will be a set of 32 pitch 4 blades. Weíll be spinning them out. I would love to try a set of Max 5 STís. Through Johnís networking we may have a set of hill 5 blade 32ís to try, but timing is everything, and not sure exactly what they are or if theyíll be available when the tine comes.

I have also been so enamored with the Outerlimits SV 29 w/twin 300ís build for many reasons . Such a sweet build undeniably.
From what Iíve seen thanks to Noliís posts, they currently have the boat set up with the props ďspinning inĒwith 5 blades. I hinted that I was curious as to what they were running, including gear ratio but didnít get a response, and at this point so Iím not sure itís even public knowledge or even relevant to be honest. More curiosity than anything I guess I could call Dan Kleitz but not sure how forthcoming heíd be.
The saga continues....👍
Old 10-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

Whatís the reasoning behind spinning out
Old 10-09-2020, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Theories are, better dockside maneuverability with engines being quite close, less stern lift, better prop bite. All subject to individual application, past experience, trial and error, results and of course individual preference.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Gary, I have met and spoke with Dan a few times. Great guy, he'll talk to you about it. I actually have 4bl Bravo's on my 300s now waiting for Chad Hill to build me a set of his new 4s or even the new thru hub 5s. Can't use over the hub wheels with the big lowers... won't plane. Ran a set of his Stock sl5s too big and went faster with the Bravo's. The bravo props are the cheapest best starting point for data....
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well we are making progress! Front seats are in and rear power hatch installed. Now off to P&G Canvas for black sumbrella supreme cockpit cover and a black stamoid transport cover!

Last edited by SUPERSTITIOUS; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by SUPERSTITIOUS:
AZMIDLYF (Yesterday), rak rua (Yesterday), speicher lane (Yesterday), Stuckonstupid (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great! Any idea what the all up zero fuel weight will be?
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rigged it weighed in at 4790 without the seats. Call it 5000 or just under.

Last edited by SUPERSTITIOUS; Yesterday at 07:28 PM.