Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
30CC rear bench seat. >

30CC rear bench seat.

Notices

30CC rear bench seat.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I really liked the seat and transom filler piece from SB. Would have made for an easier and quicker project. To be honest I was a little shocked at the response I got when I called. I was told shipping would be $800 for the parts!
I shipped a 10,000# boat lift from SW Florida to my house for $350. Crate was 16’ long, 3’ square and weighed 800#. I’m sure that seat and filler piece could have gone UPS or Fedex.
Like I mentioned above I got the distinct impression they just didn’t want to be bothered with it. I guess they’ve got plenty of business building new boats and don’t need to be bothered with the owner of an old one. Side affect of a good economy.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts

Reynard38
Did you come up with a back seat solution?
Old 05-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did, though Iíve been so busy with other projects and with the virus we havenít taken anybody out in the boat anyway despite using it several times a week I havenít installed them yet.
I bought 2 seats similar to whatís in the boat now along with pedestals. I am about to get my old vintage sailboat out of my shop, then itíll be time to take the Superboat off the lift, polish, wax and service the engine. While itís out Iíll Install the seats and see about some sun protection in the form of an arch with sunshade.

I did want to point out that Rick at Superboat was very friendly and helpful when I called. Jon on the other hand..... Well letís just say I would NOT buy a new boat from him.

Last edited by Reynard38; 05-24-2020 at 10:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FX10 (05-29-2020)