Y2K Boarding Ladder >

Y2K Boarding Ladder

Notices

Y2K Boarding Ladder

Old 05-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Y2K Boarding Ladder

I need to put a boarding ladder on my Y2k. We boat the MS and hang out at the sand bars. The climb back in can be a bit challenging. Any pics or ideas would be greatly appreciated
The following users liked this post:
JohnRork (05-03-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I used an over the gunnel ladder. I kept a fender behind it to keep from damaging the hull. It worked great, but might not of looked great. I usually had kids on board and it was definitely safer than climbing in the back. I thought about through bolting to the platform with backing plates, but no way to access the hardware. A removable dive style ladder might work too.

JohnRork (05-06-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Dave that seemed like a simple solution. I used to just raise the tab all the way to keep away from kicking the prop Step on top of the drive, and a line off the stern cleat. In my current build, I was hoping to incorporate a anchor point to put a boarding ladder(not getting any younger....) but that never happened, couldn’t find an appropriate spot. I tossed around the idea of one of those rope ladders off the side/stern cleat Though kind of mixed reviews, and the propensity to swing in addition possibly scuff the gel. Not sure what I’m gonna do with twin 300!s. Guess I’m gonna do the tab up/step, grab the s/s steering wing plate on the motor And maybe get a foot on the stainless marine bracket.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SUPERSTITIOUS
Dave that seemed like a simple solution. I used to just raise the tab all the way to keep away from kicking the prop Step on top of the drive, and a line off the stern cleat. In my current build, I was hoping to incorporate a anchor point to put a boarding ladder(not getting any younger....) but that never happened, couldn’t find an appropriate spot. I tossed around the idea of one of those rope ladders off the side/stern cleat Though kind of mixed reviews, and the propensity to swing in addition possibly scuff the gel. Not sure what I’m gonna do with twin 300!s. Guess I’m gonna do the tab up/step, grab the s/s steering wing plate on the motor And maybe get a foot on the stainless marine bracket.

Throw in a few beers and that sounds like a trip to the ER!
sonicss42 (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hear you Dave. Anyone with any experience with something like this?
Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think that will have a tendency to swing under the boat once weight is applies to it.

What about something like this? You only need a small area to mount the bracket. https://www.marinedepotdirect.com/sp...yABEgKglPD_BwE

Last edited by Dave M; 05-26-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That style was what I envisioned and Discussed with JC.. I'm so limited on space not a lot of open real estate ... One good thing, between the Bobs Double Jack and being able to tilt the outboards, the props should be sky high..

Old 05-27-2020, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the same gunnel ladder and cut up a pool noodle and pushed it on the top of the ladder that hangs on the boat, so it doesn't scratch the boat, works fine

Dave M (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys must be reading my mind. I was just discussing with my wife a need to help us in and out of our 30. I’ve tried the rope ladder and it was a complete flop. Put weight on it and it would swing under the boat. Thinking about turning the OB motors to the side and then using the tabs to help us up but that’s still not super easy (we’re old and I’m fat). Just not much room and once you’re up, you still have to find a way through the motor well. Lol