How's a 572 ci gonna run? >

How's a 572 ci gonna run?

Notices

How's a 572 ci gonna run?

Old 01-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How's a 572 ci gonna run?

Zuper, I think I saw a post where you where running a higher prop shaft than normal. That must be what hurt your speed? I thought about an Imco shorty until I saw that post.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Registered

Rick, I did'nt read anything on a weight limit for the P classes. I would love to compete in the F1, until they changed engines this year. My last boat being over 100mph, it's hard to slow down that much. Besides you want me to spank some west coast boats out here don't you?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick I have a stack of magz in my den about 3ft tall.If you have some idea about when they ran an article on the zuperboat I will start to look.The boats a 99 and the magz I have are powerboat and hot boat and they go way back.I would think John would have any info and magz anyway.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Registered

Zuper, Any word on the article? I would be looking for it but my mags are burried in storage since I'm moving.
Tom
Old 01-26-2005, 09:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,
If you bolt in a 700+HP/572cube, and have an extension box like the Zuperboat had,
she'll be running near 100...
How about one of those 720HP/572cube GM crate motors with closed cooling added?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

I'm wondering about the article and what does it prove?Was it a non partial test from hot boat with radar runs like they do today or just johns claims?Don't know.The one I do have is in poker run and only has a picture of the boat sitting in the water.The article did say the boat was leading the pack and was capable of speeds in the upper 90,s.When I showed up at MRD with the boat they told me that boat did go 100 and that was with a bravo prop,no 5 blades or herrings,that was in 1999.Prop have come along way in 5 years.Their are some activators running 115 I hear but I know they have big power and are running herrings so I feel SUPERBOAT could be just as fast.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Registered

Pat I haven't heard anything good about those crate motors.I don't think the parts and specks are up to the marine environment abuse.I think where on the wrong subject here.Their are plenty of good motor guys out their but what DRIVE will hold real power for more than a season and work on a superboat?SpeedMaster/Arneson!I think if you go bravo type you have to expect to grenade a few.Ive never seen the activators personaly run 115 but I have seen them on trailers without drives.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mike,
I do recall Jcap told me that he has gone through 2 or 3 Bravo XRs. And I also remember seeing broken Imco drive parts scattered about in your garage...
Thats why you have a speed master now...
I believe we have talked about this subject with Tom before.

Tom,
You ordered the boat with an XR. Do you have a plan when you go big power?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

Well I've talked to builders regarding the crate 572 and it would cost almost the same as a custom engineto marinize it. About the XR. I had a Bravo 1 on my American Offshore 550hp for 200hrs, Then bumped up the boost to 700hp and blew it. Then went with an XR for 150 hrs and sold the boat. Now this was mostly lake boating @ 2-3's so I'm sure racing offshore will be another story. Is speedmaster the sh*t??
Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well I think New Speed Masters are Big Big $$$...
Not too many mechanics that can work on them either.
What is Mercury hooking the new 600HP up to? I think a redesigned XR drive.
Is the new XR drive stronger? I would assume so if there is a warranty with a 600HP.
I would bet you could buy 2 XR drives for less than a Speedy and have some cash to fix the one that might blow so you would still have a spare...

Quick Reply: How's a 572 ci gonna run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.