Great Sutphen Story >

Great Sutphen Story

Notices

Great Sutphen Story

Old 11-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Great Sutphen Story

I just miss it.I got into the high performance cars for a while BUT it is just not the same.I figured what the hell( especially since it is definately a buyers market now.)if something comes along at a fair price in a Sutphen,Apache or Larry Smith i will go for it.Alot of these guys( especially the ones who justify paying mid 300s for a twenty year old boat) flat out crack me up.They try to treat me like it my first performance boat and i flat out fell of the back of a turnip truck bound for Mayberry or something.(Christ i was getting the Red Death boarded by the state troopers for driving through sail boat reggatas when most of those guys were sticking gum under their desks in the third grade)Hopefully its gunna be a good summer.WE ALL GOTTA get together.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

PS the whole Phil U eat my shorts thing (if i remember correctly )came from one of the forklift drivers(Cotton?) who used to get on him (Phil) about his attire (either hiked up OP shorts or a Speedo).It wasnt just me or my crew that busted Phils -alls.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
PS the whole Phil U eat my shorts thing (if i remember correctly )came from one of the forklift drivers(Cotton?) who used to get on him (Phil) about his attire (either hiked up OP shorts or a Speedo).It wasnt just me or my crew that busted Phils -alls.
Dude, when you had Red Death I was in High School! Cotton still works there although he has SHORT hair now!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by hunster
Last time we talked about it , you said something to the effect of "I'll never do that again" and now you want an apache?
I'll just have to take you on one 1 or 2 more rides next year and you'll become a tribesman too!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
I just miss it.I got into the high performance cars for a while BUT it is just not the same.I figured what the hell( especially since it is definately a buyers market now.)if something comes along at a fair price in a Sutphen,Apache or Larry Smith i will go for it.Alot of these guys( especially the ones who justify paying mid 300s for a twenty year old boat) flat out crack me up.They try to treat me like it my first performance boat and i flat out fell of the back of a turnip truck bound for Mayberry or something.(Christ i was getting the Red Death boarded by the state troopers for driving through sail boat reggatas when most of those guys were sticking gum under their desks in the third grade)Hopefully its gunna be a good summer.WE ALL GOTTA get together.
Buy Ron M's blue Sutphen with tripples, re-rig, paint and there ya go! Darn thing hasn't run in like 5+ years...
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Frank ,,ask Chuck we talked about that boat last year.That boat ,unlike the Red Death was NEVER beat on at all. Pro Marine rigged it a few mothhs after mine and it really was never run hard.The problem is for how i want to run a 39 is a much better fit. Another problem is the good money on top of bad in a 20 year old boat factor.You would need 3 new outboards from Merc Performance (Stock outboards would fall apart MONTHLY(lower units center sections ect)guages ,paint ect.Even though the hull is structly in great shape you still drop an easy 80 grand.If you tried to do minor things as they were needed provided (parts were still available for those 2.4s) you would probably keep SEA TOW in business for the summer .If possible i definately want a ride on your Apache.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Cotton is still there,Man,twenty plus years of tolerating Chuck and the drunks at that joint.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Registered

what size is reddeath and can it be swapped for IN boards
Old 11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Registered

ok its a 30 what yr
Old 11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

It is an 1987.The last 30 built.Unfortunately the phrase good money on top of bad applies here.For what it would cost you to do anything with her its just not worth the time or the money.If you were to do something cost wise at least outboards ONLY FROM MERC RACING DIVISION (since it already is set up for them) would be the way to go.I am told the sucessor to the 2.4S on there already are in the 300hp range.Provided they dont weigh alot more than the 2.4 offshores 3 of them would get you in the 90 mph range.To get to that speed i/o wise you probably would need 1000 total horse (weight factor) involved.Use anything outboard wise not from Merc Racing and its just an excuse for distaster.I know i tried, leaving literally half an outboard on the bottom of the ocean(in heavy water i was breaking stock Merc 200 completely off at the center sections ) time after timethats why i went with the 2.4 offshores.

Quick Reply: Great Sutphen Story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.