Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nudder one...
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-sutphen-261.jpg  
Old 05-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, Thanks for the pics. I knew it had to have had a tie bar on those drives. Those friggin' scavengers struck again. No props, no radio, no vhf, no speakers, no tie bar.

Did you used to own it?
Where did you get the pics?

She looks damn good in the water. Hopefully I can live that picture here pretty soon.
That's a good new avatar!

Last edited by wstultz; 05-22-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jammin'

I used to have an '87 Merc 454 "magnum" with Alpha drive, the one year they mated the big block with the Alpha and called the 330 hp engine a magnum. I had lots of air time and never broke it, although I heard lots of stories about them breaking.

I've got a 22 Pachanga with the Alpha 330/454 package and it works just fine. My neighbor has a 26 Sutphen with a pair of ZZ383 crate motors (425 hp) behind stock counter rotating Alphas. He runs it pretty hard with no drive issues in 5 years.

Nice looking boat! Great project.

Kurt
Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Very cool ride..good luck with it..
Old 05-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
Did you used to own it?
Where did you get the pics?
Yeah, she looks real good on the water. Was never my boat, I just store pics of boats I like on my computer, in case I ever need ideas for a future purchase or upgrade. Enjoy your new ride! Dave911
Old 05-24-2008, 05:31 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

wstultz, nice to see you back to work again.
Nice find.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that marina in onset very well I had the fastest boat there for 8yrs on the rack.Once I became the boat carpet guy everyone loved me. But before it was hey art can't you get mufflers for that its so loud, I had dry SM. They would not have stripped anything off the boat, they got it that way. I live like 25mins from there I was surprised I did get a call last time a perf boat got there they called me but it was a dog a 40ft formula with phucked up motors meet the owner at another marina and said he let the bank have it was cheaper then to fix it it did 55. good luck if I new about sutphens 18yrs ago I would of bought a 26 265hp repo over my baja ol 24 330hp the 26 was 24,000 and the dealer that had the baja took it on trade from a friend who was the 1st owner so for 16700, I went with it. PLUS A FRIEND HAD A BAJA DEALERSHIP back then and they do run nice chit I have had over 585hp since94 650 since 2000 but a bulkhead has rotted so thats not to bad for all the power over 20yrs. I have two sutphens in my eyes right know ones a 31 87 needs motors there 454 370s now and the other is a 33 84 I think with 540s that need work plus paint is peeling on deck its been cover by a blue poly top for 4 or 5yrs he wanted 24,000 last yr would I look like azz asking if he would take 16,000 cause of paint, needs new vinly in cockpit, motors rebuild. maybe after I fix airtime ask if a trade and cash. but I have a lot of money in mine going from 650hp to 700 already order parts and have a new drive, shortie,rams, ex steering full going in while motor is out. plus fixing bulkhead and adding one up front dam it.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I know that marina in onset very well I had the fastest boat there for 8yrs on the rack.Once I became the boat carpet guy everyone loved me. But before it was hey art can't you get mufflers for that its so loud, I had dry SM. They would not have stripped anything off the boat, they got it that way. I live like 25mins from there I was surprised I did get a call last time a perf boat got there they called me but it was a dog a 40ft formula with phucked up motors meet the owner at another marina and said he let the bank have it was cheaper then to fix it it did 55. good luck if I new about sutphens 18yrs ago I would of bought a 26 265hp repo over my baja ol 24 330hp the 26 was 24,000 and the dealer that had the baja took it on trade from a friend who was the 1st owner so for 16700, I went with it. PLUS A FRIEND HAD A BAJA DEALERSHIP back then and they do run nice chit I have had over 585hp since94 650 since 2000 but a bulkhead has rotted so thats not to bad for all the power over 20yrs. I have two sutphens in my eyes right know ones a 31 87 needs motors there 454 370s now and the other is a 33 84 I think with 540s that need work plus paint is peeling on deck its been cover by a blue poly top for 4 or 5yrs he wanted 24,000 last yr would I look like azz asking if he would take 16,000 cause of paint, needs new vinly in cockpit, motors rebuild. maybe after I fix airtime ask if a trade and cash. but I have a lot of money in mine going from 650hp to 700 already order parts and have a new drive, shortie,rams, ex steering full going in while motor is out. plus fixing bulkhead and adding one up front dam it.
I know man, it never ends! I would say, right now, throw out the offer. The worst that can happen is him say no or get pissed off but you never know until you try. I had some stupid offers on Trouble Maker before she sold and they didn't really piss me off, I just simply told them NO. Good luck.

Oh, and I know that Onset didn't strip the boat, I'm sure it happened before it left or in travel. Everyone at Onset was very profesional and made the transaction as smooth as can be.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Registered

I had some good times there. and about the owner he has 2 other boats there to one a fountain that doesn't run and other is a ???? 30 plus footer. so how knows . well good luck. art
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dave911
Yeah, she looks real good on the water. Was never my boat, I just store pics of boats I like on my computer, in case I ever need ideas for a future purchase or upgrade. Enjoy your new ride! Dave911
Dave since youstore pics on your computer of suts you like do you have any of rum runners with outboards?

I was hoping to see the cockpit layout of an outboard boat as opposed to a I/O boat. Does it give more interior room?

Wstultz :That yellow and white paint is one great looking rum runner.
One of the nicest I have seen

Quick Reply: New to me 26 is getting close

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.