New to me 26 is getting close

Notices

New to me 26 is getting close

Old 06-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey jeff...
sweet...call when you're down this way, we'll call sewfast from east haven and run around a bit...

..couldn't pass up the new trailer. terry, from ace, was at sutphen when i called, it's a perfect fit...i remember you said yours might be a bit too long, i had to worry...you know the skinny road the beach house is on, a real (sorry) to back down into...this set up nailed it...

Last edited by ChristianGott; 06-28-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I know what your saying C, That trailer was kinda long especially for a 26.

Probably just right for the 30.
The trailer this RR is on is fairly long too. I couldn't beleive how big Of a corner I had to take with it on the way home.

I am used to my 20 ft car trailer so I thought this would be the same but the car trailer has the wheels much farther forward than the boat trailer, so it pivots in a very diferent place.

Much easier in the tight corners.

My driveway is very tight with two big oak trees on either side and My street is busy. I actually have to pull in and turn around on the front lawn.

Theres no backing in with all the a*&holes around here.LOL

I can't wait to get down that way.

A bunch of my Jetski buddies from light house point are coming up to the pavillion tomorow. If I can get the impellers done and get INS. on her. I may catch up with them around 1PM
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NICE!
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-26sutctriver2.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-ctriver1.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-pict0165a.jpg  

Old 06-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 84 Likes on 34 Posts

Cool boat wade, keep us posted on the progress....\
Old 06-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dave911
NICE!

Yep thats her dave.

Thanks for the pics.
Do you have pics of every sutphen ever made?

Did massis ever sell your old RR?
That was a sweet boat.

Too far away or I would have bought it.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Off Topic

Honestly, I surf way too much on boats and cars. The only ones I save on my computer are Sutphens and Porsche 911 (the old cool stuff). Here's my idea of a real car...color might be a bit too much though...
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-rs01-20060127152710.jpg  
Old 06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
Cool boat wade, keep us posted on the progress....\
Sorry guys, I haven't been able to take pics for a while. I'll try and get some tonight.

Here's the update.

-Bilge is painted
-Engines are assymbled.
-engines were put in the boat this weekend
-just need to fill them up with oil and time them.
-other than that there is a lot of little BS to do but I can do that after she is running and in the water.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Registered

Thats a good looking Rum runner what condition was the hull and gell/paint in when you got it?

That was a great find you'll have a new boat when your done for the price of well used.

I love the yellow too you just don't see it to often.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, she had her shake down run today after some adjusting the linkages on the shifter. We found out this morning that one of the drives was disconnected from the gimble shifter. Pulled the drive, reconnected it, and it was good to go.

Put the boat in around 6:00pm and ran around the lake for a few hours. The boat ran and felt WAY different from my old Ocean Pacer. Ran good but the loss of the four feet made me realized how choppie the lake really is. I came out of the water four or five times just cruising around at 3500 or so.

I didn't want to push it so I never took her over 4000 RPMs. Pretty good numbers with a 23 pitch three blade prop.

3500............45.1 mph
4000............54.4 mph

I'm thinking when all of the kinks get worked out, and I find the right prop, she will hang around 75?

I'll keep you guys informed as to what happens when I put the new carbs on it and tweek everything else. It should make someone a nice Rum Runner. If anyone is looking for one, PM me your offer. I still need to do some wiring and clean up some cosmetics but so far so good.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Sounds like a nice set up. My outboard 26 runs mid 50's at 4000 rpm's Has more prop to it though.

Haven't made any top speed runs yet. I wanted to get used to it a little more after the old chine walk incident.LOL

If I had known youd be selling that quick I would have waited to see what you had done before buying one.

I like the outboards for the fact that with the standoff box it really is like a bigger boat by a few feet.
If I line up the props with my brothers 32 fountian it is beak to beak with it.

Still not too sure about the exhaust note though.
I miss that rumble.

I may have a few guys local who would be interested in your boat. when you get it all done send me some pics and I will float them around for you.

Quick Reply: New to me 26 is getting close

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.