New to me 26 is getting close >

New to me 26 is getting close

Notices

New to me 26 is getting close

Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
Well, she had her shake down run today after some adjusting the linkages on the shifter. We found out this morning that one of the drives was disconnected from the gimble shifter. Pulled the drive, reconnected it, and it was good to go.

Put the boat in around 6:00pm and ran around the lake for a few hours. The boat ran and felt WAY different from my old Ocean Pacer. Ran good but the loss of the four feet made me realized how choppie the lake really is. I came out of the water four or five times just cruising around at 3500 or so.

I didn't want to push it so I never took her over 4000 RPMs. Pretty good numbers with a 23 pitch three blade prop.

3500............45.1 mph
4000............54.4 mph

I'm thinking when all of the kinks get worked out, and I find the right prop, she will hang around 75?

I'll keep you guys informed as to what happens when I put the new carbs on it and tweek everything else. It should make someone a nice Rum Runner. If anyone is looking for one, PM me your offer. I still need to do some wiring and clean up some cosmetics but so far so good.
Hey that sounds great. glad to here your in the water.

what do you have your small blocks timed at??????????? Im trying to compare what mine should be at as i have twin small blocks also.

What rpm do you think you will be able to get with the hammer down???

All the best .. Len
Old 07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S
Hey that sounds great. glad to here your in the water.

what do you have your small blocks timed at??????????? Im trying to compare what mine should be at as i have twin small blocks also.

What rpm do you think you will be able to get with the hammer down???

All the best .. Len
The engines are advanced at 32 degrees. I'd like it to run about 5500RPMs but i still need to try some different props.

I really had her hangin out today. Still didn't take her over 4200 but the waves were out and the trim was up. That boat really floats out there with the drives up and the tabs down just a touch.

I've got a new carb coming for the port engine so hopefully next weekend I will be able to get some full throttle numbers.

Here are some more crappy camera phone pics. Sorry. nevermind the one of the engine comp didn't work. The transom pic shows the new tail pipes and tie bar assembly.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-genimage.jpg  

Last edited by wstultz; 07-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Here are some more pics.

By the way, Does anyone know how to hook up a damn electric actuator for my engine hatch. I fu(ked with it for about an hour and finally gave up. I think it has to do with the black box with 6 inputs on it but I don't know.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-07-07-2008-10%3B21%3B28pm-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-sunset.jpg  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I have an out board or I would look for you.

C, can probably tell you he's got the same set up.

Also dave911 had some pretty detailed pics all over the place and vid on youtube of his 26 maybe you can see it in the pics.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Here are some better pics of the boat.

Newly painted bilge with newly rebuilt and repainted engines. All externals on engines are new except exhaust. Exhaust is stainless marine and was pressure checked.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-p7210104-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-p7210105-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-p7210122-2-.jpg  

Last edited by wstultz; 07-26-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

More...

I didn't update the dash, it came like that, but it looks good. Just need some kill switches to fill in hole behind the steering wheel. Wiring guru will be here this week to tie up all of the wiring loose ends like this damn hatch actuater i can't figure out.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-p7210097-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-p7210101-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-p7210116-2-.jpg  

Old 07-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

BigAndy and I also finally put then engines back in Miss Maxon this weekend. It was Sutphen heaven at my house.....too bad we were working on them instead of enjoying them.
Attached Thumbnails New to me 26 is getting close-p7260145-2-.jpg   New to me 26 is getting close-p7260146-2-.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry stultz....
i have a manual hatch...no thing to offer...
boat is looking sharp!
c
Old 07-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

stultz, shes looking great!

What are you asking for it?

I have some buddies interested in performance boats up here.
I'll pass the info along for you.

I got mine back in yesterday and ran it for 2 hrs all seemed to work out well.

I was hoping to see you out C, you were better off not being there the river was full of wood debris,and the sound had some big rollers out there.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

man, your killing me with this boat. i want it soo bad.
if i known it was for sale right here in my back yard. i meen that it was less then 5 min from my house, if i had known it was for sale i would have scooped it.
you did a great job with her

Quick Reply: New to me 26 is getting close

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.