30' with Small Blocks

Notices

30' with Small Blocks

Old 01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

chris...
that's what i'm saying...when your boat was for sale in ventnor, the guy wanted what? 15.5 for it?..that's a steal! it was on a trailer, and was fully (yet a bit sketchy, 1 alum+ 1 iron sbc) rigged, but for someone to drop a new pair of sb's in it wouldnt break the bank, and you'd get (as you know) one hell of a ride...as far as nobody wanting it...i'd have to disagree!
L-S...right as well, for the money to refit ex exp, one could definitely locate other opportunities...
don't get me wrong, i love the boat in NH, but a 3-man and i just aren't the match to be made right now for that kind of cash..
just trying to keep it realistic for len....
c
Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone wants a little bigger Sutphen Tsunami is for sale. It is a 3 man boat and will make a great race or pleasure boat now that its been totally re-rigged.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
As some of you know I own a very special Sutphen.

I've had it for 3 years, I'm the second owner, and put about 75 hrs. on her.

It's all original gelcoat & interior & looks great.

Engines, drives, and trans are not original.

With the big engines it ran 94 mph. "B&G engines" About 550 hp..Gary Hartman in Point Pleasant built them.

It's still set up the same way it won the 2004 P-5 National Championship. It's a great piece & a blast to run.

For the $ you guys are talking about I would sell you mine. It's a 1988 & turn key ready to Race or poker run.

3 man bolster setup with the back seat option, if you choose just to cruise with the family.

Spare engine included.
The baddest old schooler out there! And mint looking! Don't ever change a thing to this one...nice ride guys!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
L-S...right as well, for the money to refit ex exp, one could definitely locate other opportunities...
don't get me wrong, i love the boat in NH, but a 3-man and i just aren't the match to be made right now for that kind of cash..
c
That's why Great Adventure is a 3 man bolster boat with a back seat....perfect combination

Thanks no limits, the boat is awesome. Anyone looking for a great all around poker run or race boat should check this one out! It's got a lot of great history and probably has won the most races out of any other Sutphen out there.
Attached Thumbnails 30' with Small Blocks-img_3397.jpg   30' with Small Blocks-img_3395.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
chris...
that's what i'm saying...when your boat was for sale in ventnor, the guy wanted what? 15.5 for it?..that's a steal! it was on a trailer, and was fully (yet a bit sketchy, 1 alum+ 1 iron sbc) rigged, but for someone to drop a new pair of sb's in it wouldnt break the bank, and you'd get (as you know) one hell of a ride...as far as nobody wanting it...i'd have to disagree!
c

Hey Guys thanks for the coments and lets keep this going,

Yes i will end up with a 3 man race boat no matter what.
Im sold on haveing one as thats what im interested in even though they are not realistic with how you can use them.

I want to buy one as smart as i can dollars wise as it will need to be redone but im willing to do so even if it takes a bit to complete as im thinking long term as i want the right boat so that im not buying and selling every few years. Ive sold my 27 Magnum and also have a 32 ft express style boat aswell

Lucky strike i love the boat but dont want the rear seat and do want a full (org race dash) like the others your dad had.

If there is any info on them i would like to hear about it.

also keep me in mind if any other type of 3 man boats come up

Last edited by Len S; 01-11-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
They were willing to accept $15000 a year and a half ago. I imagine now that would get a little lower.

Sorry for the highjacking.....back to Jammin's speed figures.
Tell me more about what was said and what they were willing to accept for the boat.

Guys what would the boat run with small blocks and what would it run with big blocks

What drives would work best with that boat
Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S
Lucky strike i love the boat but dont want the rear seat and do want a full (org race dash) like the others your dad had.

If there is any info on them i would like to hear about it.

also keep me in mind if any other type of 3 man boats come up
No backseat now
Attached Thumbnails 30' with Small Blocks-img_2942.jpg   30' with Small Blocks-img_2919.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Sutphen -Small Blocks

The only reason I got "INFERNO" ,[But NOT CHEAP", Is because it's the 1st one outta the Sutphen stable built ,#1, It needed everything, It still needs small things ,but u have to figure out ,that when your done, U have a piece of History, As well as "Great Adventure", "TSUNAMI", "Toasty" etc. , Money is 2nd, The accomplishment is everything!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

L-S...
post 27, witty retort...
c
Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are fun, but pre historic...you can save your $$ for a few years longer and go buy a 2-3 year old activator or bad boy powerboat and go twice as fast with way less HP. Its total nostalgia. None of these Sutphens are going to bring major coin a perfect hull and motor package maybe 35k 40k tops and it has to be perfect…stringers new power new top quality everything. But a 30 race will be way better then any 27 mag or 28 cig any day and is way more manageable both $$ wise and handle wise then a 38 or 41. I run my 30 by myself on occasion when I don’t want to hear grown men tell me to slow down but I mostly go with Eddy and Spacer Toth, or pack a few girls in the bolsters. It’s a total army jeep

LS JRs smile…goofey head, bring that piece up here, I will roll toasty out of the shed to play, we are doing floor gauges and throttles now

15.5k Osborn was asking way more then that when i looked at it. then i walked then he needed coin and called we split the 15.5 in 1/2 and the right drive lasted a season, the alum head motor 3 seasons and the orig tired bandit racing motor 4 seasons. all new parts now all matched, no osborn mess... when toth owned it the boat was a 10

Last edited by TOASTY; 01-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 30' with Small Blocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.