2009 Sutphen 21 SSX >

2009 Sutphen 21 SSX

Notices

2009 Sutphen 21 SSX

Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in posting. I appreciate all the support I received on this board. Ron and I finally got on the same page. He really didn't want to take my Donzi in trade and didn't think I was interested in buying the boat outright. Unfortunetly, I was in Georgia on a trip when we ironed this out and ended up flying back for a day to do the deal, and then flew back to georgia for my job. Hectic weekend but worth it. I have been detailing the boat this week and plan to send it to Morgan, mid April to look it over, with the intention to bring it back to when it was new. The boat really is awesome. I had seen the video on Youtube of the boat doing 83-84 mph. I think it's still on there. I was worried that the boat was run hard being a demo so we brought it to Mike Palumbo at Offshore Northeast and was pleased when I heard it had 90 hours and only .8 hrs from 4500-5000 rpms. About 75 hours below 3000 rpms. I plan on having Mike work on this boat in the future. Really nice guy.
The boat will be used on the CT river and trailered to Maine. We have a cottage on Great Pond. I'm hoping that it will be the fastest boat to ever grace that Pond. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in the club and seeing what you think of the boat in person.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Your in good hands with Mikey and ONE!! Look forward to seeing it on the river!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sea2jet
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in posting. I appreciate all the support I received on this board. Ron and I finally got on the same page. He really didn't want to take my Donzi in trade and didn't think I was interested in buying the boat outright. Unfortunetly, I was in Georgia on a trip when we ironed this out and ended up flying back for a day to do the deal, and then flew back to georgia for my job. Hectic weekend but worth it. I have been detailing the boat this week and plan to send it to Morgan, mid April to look it over, with the intention to bring it back to when it was new. The boat really is awesome. I had seen the video on Youtube of the boat doing 83-84 mph. I think it's still on there. I was worried that the boat was run hard being a demo so we brought it to Mike Palumbo at Offshore Northeast and was pleased when I heard it had 90 hours and only .8 hrs from 4500-5000 rpms. About 75 hours below 3000 rpms. I plan on having Mike work on this boat in the future. Really nice guy.
The boat will be used on the CT river and trailered to Maine. We have a cottage on Great Pond. I'm hoping that it will be the fastest boat to ever grace that Pond. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in the club and seeing what you think of the boat in person.
Awesome score...Where's the "Great Pond"...I go to Maine, myself, but off the coast of MDI...best of luck, see you on the river...
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Great Pond is just Northwest of Waterville, Maine. Really a pretty big lake but they call it a pond. It is actually the original "on golden pond". Ernest Thompson wrote the play. His mother lived on Great Pond and that was the basis for the movie. We still have the mail boat. My wife fills in during the summer delivering the mail to 109 docks. The film however was filmed in N.H. Closer to Boston and more convienant for filming.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool stuff...maybe we can drag airtime up there for a romp, and then watch the speed limits be posted on that tranquil part of the world, too...i'll have to google it, sounds cool....but I hope your "new addition" makes more friends than it does Henry Fondas...
c

btw, where in clinton are you, we do duck island, thimbles and the like frequently...my mother-in-law gets a house in the summer down the road from DQ...and I run out of Branford.....

give a call..203 687 6688

oh yea, and join the CPBA!

Last edited by ChristianGott; 03-08-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Great Pond is just Northwest of Waterville, Maine. Really a pretty big lake but they call it a pond. It is actually the original "on golden pond". Ernest Thompson wrote the play. His mother lived on Great Pond and that was the basis for the movie. We still have the mail boat. My wife fills in during the summer delivering the mail to 109 docks. The film however was filmed in N.H. Closer to Boston and more convienant for filming.
sea2jet, great story and that was a great movie. Watched it as a kid all the time. Congrats on a sick lookin boat! Love the deep color and the stripes. Lookin forward to seein it in person!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Talking

Thanks Kevin,
Looking forward to meeting you also. OrigInally, I was looking for a Cigarette, but Jeff beat me into submission...

Last edited by sea2jet; 03-09-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks Kevin,
Looking forward to meeting you also. OrigInally, I was looking for a Cigarette, but Jeff beat me into submission...
Hahahahaha! Jeff beats his THING into submission alot!..

Last edited by kreed; 03-09-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
Mike, I am glad things worked out for you on the Sutphen. I could tell you really wanted that boat. I read the thread on the "Other" site. May I suggest that you start a new thread over there when you have some seat time in the new boat. Perhaps your opinion will help confirm that Rich builds a great boat.
Regards, CHRIS
Old 03-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Hi Chris,
Great timing. I just posted a few hours ago on that site that I will follow up with pictures and information on their other boats forum. I want to thank you for calling and giving me some options as Jeff had mentioned.
I did have my heart set on this boat and I still can't believe it became a reality. I had the opportunity to talk to you, Ritchie and Morgan and I must say it was a pleasure. Everyone was so helpful. I look forward to meeting all of you at some point. We fly to West Palm all the time and I would love to visit your shop if you can make time for it.
I was climbing into the engine compartment yesterday so I could clean in there(amazingly I fit) and was floored by the quality of fiberglass work. Truly a work of art. In fact, when sighting down the deck or sides, they a perfectly straight. not a ripple, wave, absolutely smooth. Just amazing.
As I mentioned. The boat is always available if you have a customer interested. When I get the chance to start the new thread I will be sure too mention the terrific service I received from Sutphen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.