Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Ocean Pacer question >

Ocean Pacer question

Notices

Ocean Pacer question

Old 06-12-2003, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Darkhorse468: what's up?, how's the rig runnin'? I think you are right about us Sutphen guys sticking together. We have to find out from Bill if the Regatta Poker Run is happening this year, their were a few Sutphens there last year, stay in touch...Matt
Old 06-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sutphen 30, you ever get my pm?

Sonic Boom
Old 06-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Darkhorse468

Hey fobes and Sutphen 30'
The boat is coming along well. I think I'll have at least the motors and trannys in and dressed, making smoke by the end of the month. As far as the drives and bolsters, gauges, controls...soon after (I hope). I'm shooting to be ready for the runs that Bill posted about in July and August. Its taking alot of work but even the little details are looking and working good. I'm probably spending WAY too much time on the small stuff, but I want to do it once and do it right. I really look forward to meeting you guys and the other members of The Sutphen Crew. I just hope your not dissappointed with the job I do to my baby(ha ha!) Bill, you still have your TRS drives? One of these days I'll get to check them out...you said they have spacers? What do you mean by that? I'm not too sure, since my understanding tells me the SHORTER the drive, the better(higher prop...closer to the surface tension). I don't doubt your expertise at all, so what I'm thinking is you somhow shortened the drives. I know you built them up to be stronger...shed some light will ya? I'd also like to know how much you'd want for them as mine need extensive case corrosion work, skegs and crack repairs around the prop bore. If we can, I'd obviously like to work out getting yours. Let me know.