Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > Swap Shop
lowball offers , this is why parts do not sell >

lowball offers , this is why parts do not sell

Notices

lowball offers , this is why parts do not sell

Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha I hear ya. I check on dana marien and you can get the same shifter for $725 brand new surely shipping wouldnt be $75 so I overpriced it in my earlier post. sorry about that.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to handle it is to except the lowball offer. When you get the money take the wife out on the town. When the buyer asks "I haven't recieved my parts yet, did you mail them"? Seller> "Sure did 4 day's ago, you mean you haven't got them yet"? Buyer> "No, did you insure them or have a tracking number?" Seller>" No I didn't insure them or a tracking number either" Buyer> "Why not"? Seller> "You didn't ask me to"! Buyer> "Are you going to pay me back the money I'm out"? Seller> "If you send me the parts back I will". Buyer> "Dude I never got the parts". Seller> How do I know that? Do you have proof you never got them, how do I know you're not just trying to keep my parts and get your money back? Buyer> "I hate you". Seller> Don't hate me, hate the USPS. Wife> "Thanks for the new panties honey" Seller> "I love you sweety".

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 11-29-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
The best way to handle it is to except the lowball offer. When you get the money take the wife out on the town. When the buyer asks "I haven't recieved my parts yet, did you mail them"? Seller> "Sure did 4 day's ago, you mean you haven't got them yet"? Buyer> "No, did you insure them or have a tracking number?" Seller>" No I didn't insure them or a tracking number either" Buyer> "Why not"? Seller> "You didn't ask me to"! Buyer> "Are you going to pay me back the money I'm out"? Seller> "If you send me the parts back I will". Buyer> "Dude I never got the parts". Seller> How do I know that? Do you have proof you never got them, how do I know you're not just trying to keep my parts and get your money back? Buyer> "I hate you". Seller> Don't hate me, hate the USPS. Wife> "Thanks for the new panties honey" Seller> "I love you sweety".

2nd Verse!
Buyer>"I cant afford the props I will send them back" Seller>"About time you had them all summer" Buyer >"I know and they worked fine here is the UPS number and I insured them" Seller> "Hey Honey he is sending back and you thought I was screwed" Seller >" UPS is here these are not my f n props I Am Screwed!!!!"
True Story
Old 11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thumper038

2nd Verse!
Buyer>"I cant afford the props I will send them back" Seller>"About time you had them all summer" Buyer >"I know and they worked fine here is the UPS number and I insured them" Seller> "Hey Honey he is sending back and you thought I was screwed" Seller >" UPS is here these are not my f n props I Am Screwed!!!!"
True Story
My story is true too but it wasn't my wife that got new panties
Old 11-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Registered

To keep on track I like lowball offers !!! opens a chance to make a deal !!!
also I dont have caller ID I like to say no to people that call me at home, some times I will talk for as long as the tella marketer wants too they usually hang up on me when I try to sell them stuff
Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector

cute poetry ,

but whenever i sell something it either gets a tracking #via UPS / FEDX or for a smaller lighter items they are shipped USPS Priority with certification so package has to be signed for to avoid the stupidity of what you typed...

wow , over 1k hits on this thread, yup , it's winter
Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by justincasey57
haha I hear ya. I check on dana marien and you can get the same shifter for $725 brand new surely shipping wouldnt be $75 so I overpriced it in my earlier post. sorry about that.

arch base and kill switch are free with every purchase too...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Registered

thats funny that just goes to show now if you ever have anything for sale people are more like not to buy what you have. sounds good to be posting this in a swap and sell forum. nice...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Registered

I sold a windscreen on here for a 29 Outlaw once. I packed it well, in fact you could have probably dropped it from an airplane and not be worried. The buyer claimed it arrived broken, so we claimed the insurance and he sent it back. It was broken in 4 pieces, and there was no way it could have happened during shipping. I stood on a couple of the big pieces and it took everything I had to break it.

Id say his old windscreen got busted up and shipped back to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How I got my Donzi....

I wanted to get a 16 foot Donzi so that I could have something that was easier to use then the Formula. I found one in Virginia, asked the guy about it and hopped in the car and drove 14 hours down. On the way Biggus said that he thought I was joking when I told him about buying a boat and told me about an 18 that was 15 min from my house. The guy was asking 14,000 for it. To much for me so I kept driving. Got to Virginia and the boat was a complete turd, was pissed that the guy so badly misrepresented the boat and jumpled back in my car. Kurt told me that a friend of his offered the guy 4 grand for the boat and he almost took it. So I decided to head over and take a look. Turns out this is a factory big block boat and worth what he is asking all day. I offered him 4500 and we get the negotiations going. We settled on a number just over half of what he was asking. When I called Buggus to tell him what I offered he told me that his buddy had never actually gone over there and made that 4000 dollar offer. LOL Had he not told me that I would have never gone over and made the offer I did. Worked out for me!

A lot of times people price things high hoping that some one will pay the price but will take a lot less. If I want something bad enough I may pay the price if not I will low ball.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.