Notices

Paying members

Old 12-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If the part is bought from you with warrantee ...Where will I take it to have it warranteed ...What will I show for a receipt....Just asking
Old 12-23-2014, 02:14 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

depends on what it is and who installed it. What parts would you like know about ? Also lets just say you are buying off of me a OEM Merc PCM 09 complete catalyst MPI & controller system to install in your 2013 - 8.2 EC MPI long block engine - And your install goes hay wire - Merc is going to ask what is the installer experience and certification along with training level for the installment of such an easy system ? I know what mine is, (very current) , whats yours ? What parts do you want me to sell you so I can tell you about all the implied warranties and requirements. Will that be Visa or Mastercard or personal check, Just asking.

Last edited by BUP; 12-23-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:32 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a public site. If one wants to post pics, see more, get more msgs then he pays for it. I don't see the big deal.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
At one time paying sent money to powerboaters who owned and ran the site, who put that money back into the sport, oso parties at events, os gatherings etc....

Today your money goes into the pockets of Internet Brands and Robert Brisco. It in no way gets put back into the sport, its not about the sport, no one at IB remotely cares about the sport. They are in the bushiness of running interest based internet forums for profit.

If you went to Mc Donalds for lunch and had your choice of paying for your french fries or getting them for free would you be buying fries???
Iam sorry I hear what you are saying but,,
the founder of OSO (Steve) started and built this site and then sold it to IB for a nice profit,,I know he would reinvest the money back by supporting poker runs and such but,thats how you make your business grow and add value to it at the same time, the paying members and advertisers is what made the site worth the money and the seller benefit by it,,,if it wasnt about the money maybe he still be running it...and I dont blame him one bit,its called business and business transactions happen everyday,but to blame IB I think is wrong.

I know I will get a lot of $hit for saying this but hey,,,

Last edited by boatnt; 12-23-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mercury will also want to know the name of Dealer that sold it to me
Originally Posted by BUP
depends on what it is and who installed it. What parts would you like know about ? Also lets just say you are buying off of me a OEM Merc PCM 09 complete catalyst MPI & controller system to install in your 2013 - 8.2 EC MPI long block engine - And your install goes hay wire - Merc is going to ask what is the installer experience and certification along with training level for the installment of such an easy system ? I know what mine is, (very current) , whats yours ? What parts do you want me to sell you so I can tell you about all the implied warranties and requirements. Will that be Visa or Mastercard or personal check, Just asking.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

powerboat swap shop on FB sucks, i was banned because my only email is my company and ends with a .com logo, well FB auto puts up my company and they got pissy but there was nothing I could do.
Secondly its not about whoi selling as the parts are only worth what people will pay. buyer beware on everything, do your due diligence... Generally is someone is offering you a 525 with dyno time only for a ridiculously low price your going to get burned, To me good used parts can bring anywhere from 40-75% or so of new parts depending on what they are. Also if the seller doesnt offer a good description or pics walk away, if they cant respond to you quickly for the sale how do you think they will respond for shipping.
I just sold my uppers and with the cold snap we got behind because of rush winterizations, the original deal was buyer paid shipping, i communicated every few days and because of the delay I paid the shipping for him (580.00), end result I made a friend as well as selling my drives. If something seems to good to be true it usually is, if a part is priced to good or the pics look like they were taken offline, there is a good chance your being scammed.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Iam sorry I hear what you are saying but,,
the founder of OSO (Steve) started and built this site and then sold it to IB for a nice profit,,I know he would reinvest the money back by supporting poker runs and such but,thats how you make your business grow and add value to it at the same time, the paying members and advertisers is what made the site worth the money and the seller benefit by it,,,if it wasnt about the money maybe he still be running it...and I dont blame him one bit,its called business and business transactions happen everyday,but to blame IB I think is wrong.

I know I will get a lot of $hit for saying this but hey,,,

What am I "blaming" IB about? I explained their business model. I counted no less than 50 advertisement or income sources for IB on this page alone. I may get those french fries for free, but they arent comming at mc donalds expense when they are payed for by advertising.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
What am I "blaming" IB about? I explained their business model. I counted no less than 50 advertisement or income sources for IB on this page alone. I may get those french fries for free, but they arent comming at mc donalds expense when they are payed for by advertising.
No you did not blame IB about anything,,you said you dont want to be a paying member because IB is all about the money,,
I just pointed out that it was about the money (as it should be)for the inventor (steve) of OSO,,if it wasnt he would never had sold it for a profit,,he would have kept it..

so I guess I just dont understand why some people do not want to spent $50.00 to support OSO owned by IB but it was ok to spent the money and support OSO when it was privately owned,,,,it has always been a for profit business,,no matter who cashes the check..

Last edited by boatnt; 12-23-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Thats simple... we were supporting a fellow boater who was supporting boating, He wasn't just the president of the hair club for men, he was also a member...
Old 12-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Some of you guys crack me up. You own a floating money pit then complain about the cost of membership here. I.B. is a business like Cigarette and Skater, none of them provide free french fries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.