Yeah. I kinda like being married.

Thanks. Brad.
Model Machine and Precision LLC
(937)545-8991
Old 06-30-2021, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
I really want you to get your modified drive.
First point I get.
Second, meh, Marine Assist is only 95 bucks a year. Stranded only shortly on Cumberland.
Otherwise the consignment ordeal, price wise with Hilltop is in line in IMO.
Cheech,

Depends on where you're stranded. My specific example, 30mi up the South Fork (where we spend most of our time), can easily be an all day tow. Plus the downtime between the potential failure and swap appointment.... Just rather avoid it all. I like preemptive repairs when I can arrange them.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 06-30-2021, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Not sure what you think your drive is worth but realistically probably around 3k.
Griff,

That's why the brokering. Somebody comes in.... Drive spilled its guts. There's a ready-to-swap drive sitting on the floor, waiting on them.... A new one is $9K and at least a week or so away.... $4500 plus swap labor, and, potentially, back on the water in a day sounds pretty good to me if I'm in that position.

Don't really know. I'm a free market kinda guy.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 07-01-2021, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Not sure what you think your drive is worth but realistically probably around 3k.
should close this thread. Either the drive is for sale or it isn’t…quit pu$$y farting around.

this isn’t an auction.
The following users liked this post:
ICDEDPPL (07-06-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
should close this thread. Either the drive is for sale or it isn’t…quit pu$$y farting around.

this isn’t an auction.
Moses,

I was very upfront about my intentions here.

I’m not trying to conduct an auction. I was/am trying to determine a real market value. I don’t even know if the drive is ever going to be for sale.

Sorry if this has come across inappropriately.

Thanks. Brad.
(947)545-8991
Old 07-03-2021, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

NO disrespect to the OP, but if I was buying it, I would want to see the condition of the gears. A supercharged 496 can damage/break a Bravo 1 very easy.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
NO disrespect to the OP, but if I was buying it, I would want to see the condition of the gears. A supercharged 496 can damage/break a Bravo 1 very easy.
no one even knows if this one is for sale…it’s a guessing game.

all the serious buyers are long gone by now…
Old 07-04-2021, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpsi68
UnderPSI,

No disrespect taken. I get it. But I can tell you, the boat has been babied. It has never been run hard. I really have to wonder why the original owner even had the install done. I almost never run it over zero manifold pressure, as I don’t want to hurt the drive.

Plus, let’s be honest. I think we can all agree the ProCharger isn’t a real supercharger. It only gets into its stride above about 37-3800RPM, which is long after the boat’s on a plane. This minimized the load on the drive during the heaviest load periods.

I don’t know if I’d be comfortable tearing the drive down in interest of selling it, but I’d be perfectly fine pulling the plug to allow inspection of the oil or going for a sea trial if a prospective buyer wanted. What’s the worst that could happen? A day on the water?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 07-04-2021, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
no one even knows if this one is for sale…it’s a guessing game.

all the serious buyers are long gone by now…
Moses,

Why the daggers?

This drive will absolutely be for sale, when and if I can convince the wife it’s a a necessary swap (admittedly more difficult than I had anticipated). If I’m ultimately unable to convince her, and we have to wait until something gives out (something I’m actively working to avoid), then I’ll terminate this thread (or ask admin to do so. If we ultimately elect to do the swap, I will either update this thread as such or start a new thread.

As I stated, this thread’s sole purpose was to try and determine market value, and I was very upfront with that. The SwapShop seemed the perfect venue for that.

Thanks. Brad.
937/545-8991
Old 07-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
UnderPSI,

No disrespect taken. I get it. But I can tell you, the boat has been babied. It has never been run hard. I really have to wonder why the original owner even had the install done. I almost never run it over zero manifold pressure, as I don’t want to hurt the drive.

Plus, let’s be honest. I think we can all agree the ProCharger isn’t a real supercharger. It only gets into its stride above about 37-3800RPM, which is long after the boat’s on a plane. This minimized the load on the drive during the heaviest load periods.

I don’t know if I’d be comfortable tearing the drive down in interest of selling it, but I’d be perfectly fine pulling the plug to allow inspection of the oil or going for a sea trial if a prospective buyer wanted. What’s the worst that could happen? A day on the water?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
FWIW 0 vacuum is wot on a n/a engine. Damage can sure be done at the hp/torque rating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.