Like New Bravo One Outdrive

Notices

Like New Bravo One Outdrive

Old 06-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Like New Bravo One Outdrive

Guys,

The family just acquired a 2002 PowerQuest 280 Silencer (my dream boat) with a 496MAG HO and a (supposedly) factory installed M1 ProCharger. The boat has been never been run hard, but I'm concerned about the outdrive, being it's a stock Bravo One. I'm really surprised the boat left the plant with the Bravo One, even without the ProCharger, but, there it is. I'd like to be able to run the boat as it was built to run, so I'm looking to upgrade a bit.

I'm in the midst of a deal with AADS for a reman Bravo XR-XZ hybrid. If all goes according to plan, I'll have a ~145hr Bravo One for sale. It's all but pristine, with only some minor nicks in the black on the leading edge of the skeg. Drive runs smooth and the oil is clean.

The outdrive is not yet on the block, but I'm obviously looking to get out of this exchange as unbruised as possible. What is the going market rate for a swap-ready B1? While I'm not actively looking to sell in the immediate, I'm open to offers, so long as it's understood I'm not letting go of the drive until I have the replacement in hand. I'm really just doing some research in preparation for that dreaded discussion across the dinner table.

Thanks. Brad.
Model Machine and Precision LLC
Old 06-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Registered

Guys,

I guess I'm not allowed to post pics until I have at least ten posts. I would really like some input on this, so, if anybody would like to see pics, I'd be happy to PM them, I guess. Maybe somebody can post them for me.... (?)

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 06-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 498 Likes on 273 Posts

Welcome to the board, everybody like pictures. Just make 8 more posts, content is really irrelevant!
I have sold non swept back Bravos in good condition for $3,000.00 CDN
Old 06-04-2021, 06:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by resurrected
Welcome to the board, everybody like pictures. Just make 8 more posts, content is really irrelevant!
I have sold non swept back Bravos in good condition for $3,000.00 CDN
Resurrected,

Good to hear. That's kinda what I expected.

We just got a nice little unexpected cash infusion that should cover the vast majority of the cost of the swap if I can get that out of our current outdrive. I haven't had the conversation yet, but we will soon.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 06-04-2021, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If your concerned about drive life, why not keep it and set it up as a spare??
Old 06-04-2021, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
If your concerned about drive life, why not keep it and set it up as a spare??
Phragle,

Simply put.... Because I'm not really a man of means. At least not to that caliber. And the wife is very fiscally reserved.

As I stated in the opening post, I'm looking to get out of this exchange without taking too much of a hit. Also mentioned is that I'm not really looking to build a beast, even if That would be very satisfying for me to do. I just want to get the boat to a very reliable stage while getting it running as it was intended to run.

We intend to ski behind this boat. I sold the buy to my wife based on this stipulation. I grew up on a monster "ski" boat, but when my dad sold that and bought his 27' SeaRay, I was able to make the transition and skied behind it without any real trouble, even if the wake was considerably more formidable. My wife also learned to ski behind that SeaRay. It was a 260cc, which was built on the Pachanga hull, and had a stock 315HP 454, so I figure the PC 280, at a thousand pounds lighter and twice the HP, should at least serve the same function.. I'm just concerned about the hole shot. So I'm going to send the ECM to Whipple for their stage2 flash, custom for a Procharger build, then addressing the outdrive to ensure no scattering. I'll be content with the overall performance from there, and we'll have a very reliable configuration. Plus Whipple claims they'll get rid of the end-of-day transom soot situation......

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 06-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Registered

Guys,

Here it is....

And the boat it's on.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
The following users liked this post:
the deep (06-04-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’ll buy the boat and save you all the headache 😎 Nice looking ride, I would be a buyer if you ever put it up
Old 06-06-2021, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ShortCircuit
I’ll buy the boat and save you all the headache 😎 Nice looking ride, I would be a buyer if you ever put it up
ShortCircuit,

Yeah….. That’s not gonna happen. This is my dream boat. I’ve been looking for a PQ280 for two years. Had one in hand, drug our feet and let it sell out from under us. I called it “the unicorn”, because it was absolutely perfect, with pretty low hours. I just knew another would never be found. The wife kept assuring me another would pop up. This one did. I latched on to it, and I ain’t letting it go.

Still working on the wife on the drive swap, but I think we’ll be moving on it.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 06-07-2021, 07:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Beautiful boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.