Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback

Notices

Instigator Trailer - Any body has one - Feedback

Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

League City man arrested in multi-state fraud case
by Scott Gordon | June 2, 2011 9:39 am

Authorities, and apparently several customers, say John Brett Zeagler, 41, of League City, and his Friendswood-based company, Instigator Custom Aluminum Boat Trailers, took their deposits to make custom boat trailers, but never delivered.

Friendswood police arrested a local boat-trailer manufacturer Tuesday who's accused of swindling customers in several states.

Authorities, and apparently several customers, say John Brett Zeagler, 41, of League City, and his Friendswood-based company, Instigator Custom Aluminum Boat Trailers, took their deposits to make custom boat trailers, but never delivered. Louisiana authorities asked Friendswood police to carry out the arrest after charging him with felony fraud and issuing a warrant.

According to a press release, Friendswood police began hearing complaints about the company in 2008. The alleged victims include people from Kansas, Washington and Oklahoma.

Police say Zeagler would negotiate prices with interested customers, then accept deposits for the ordered trailers, and never returned them.

"The deposits in our reports are between $900 and $1,200," says Friendswood Police spokesperson Officer Lisa Price. "We have at least six people from Texas and around the U.S. that have complained to the Friendswood Police Department, because the business address is in Friendswood. I do not have an estimate of how many people around the country have made complaints."

In the press release, Price says many of the customers reached Zeagler after seeing ads for his business in boating magazines.

Zeagler was arrested at his home in League City and is being held on $5,000 bond, awaiting extradition to Louisiana, Price says. She adds that Friendswood police are still investigating the case.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Friendswood Police need to be directed to this thread....
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

I posted that in hopes that some of these people would see it call them. This dude is a friend of mines Fiance...well he was. I had no idea that he had been doing this! He also has a Limo business on the side.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piglett77
I posted that in hopes that some of these people would see it call them. This dude is a friend of mines Fiance...well he was. I had no idea that he had been doing this! He also has a Limo business on the side.
Why do they always have a limo business.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

Talking

Piglett,

You wouldn't happen to have a current address for this guy where he can be served, would you?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

Default Instigator Trailer for Sale

We had a few bumps in the road getting our trailer completed by this company also, but we finally did get it; and its a beauty. We have since sold the boat, so now we have this trailer for sale. If anyone is interested, you can contact me at (949) 275-0196 for photos. We have it listed on Craigslist as follows: All Aluminum Boat Trailer 34' - $7750 (Riverside, California)
2009 Instigator All Aluminum Boat Trailer
15,000 lb capacity, 34' long, triple axle
All modular - can be adjusted to fit most any boat
Looks *****in