Notices

Texas ICW?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Texas ICW?

Need some advice on the ICW in Texas.
Anyone ever been from Galveston to Corpus via water?
Corpus to S.Padre?
Tell me your story/advice.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Need some advice on the ICW in Texas.
Anyone ever been from Galveston to Corpus via water?
Corpus to S.Padre?
Tell me your story/advice.
I ran across a guy a while back while shopping another Sea Ray that did it quite often. I will see if I can find his info.

There are also a couple local guys here that run a charter out of Port O Conner that should be able to get you some good info. You might also send a PM to Rcolter here on the board. He is familiar with that area doen there also. He will be able to put you in touch with the charter guys.

As far as I understand it, it can be done, and is not a tough trip. Plenty of gas stops on the way. Not many resorts or marinas though.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran from Port O'Connor to Corpus this past weekend. It was an awesome trip and very easy. It got a little rough going through a couple of the bays but it was pretty breezy as well. Just a note about fuel, there is NO fuel dock in Corpus. I know this sounds incredibly wrong but believe me.... I asked and called everyone because I could not imagine have that many marinas and no fuel docks. You can make arrangements to have it delivered. Closest gas is Port Aransas which makes for very stressful trip across the bay and back into the ICW with less than 1/4 tank. I'm sure there is fuel past Corpus but Port Aransas good point to top off.

I will be doing this trip again for sure. This time was just for the day but future trips will include overnight becasue tons of exploring and beaches in that area.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Texas ICW

I recently had a hankerin' to run from Port Isabel northbound to Corpus Christi via ICW or outside. I gave up the idea as I began to uncover reports of piracy south of Port O'Conner. It seems the crooks would take over the victims by gunpoint, leave you on the beach and the boat goes south to Mexican waters. With the border violence increasing, I choose not to attempt the trip. Be careful!!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Barrydet
I recently had a hankerin' to run from Port Isabel northbound to Corpus Christi via ICW or outside. I gave up the idea as I began to uncover reports of piracy south of Port O'Conner. It seems the crooks would take over the victims by gunpoint, leave you on the beach and the boat goes south to Mexican waters. With the border violence increasing, I choose not to attempt the trip. Be careful!!
Nice....I wonder what kind of firepower they use? If I make the trip, I want to know if my Glock will do the trick or if I need to pack an AR-15 & mortars.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice....I wonder what kind of firepower they use? If I make the trip, I want to know if my Glock will do the trick or if I need to pack an AR-15 & mortars.
I dont have a POS Glock or a wimpy AR-15, but I do have a Uzi...a M-16A2...a Maremont M-60...A AC556...as well as other like-toys...all REAL and all fully automatic. No TV crap...real, live, fire-breathing machineguns. Lemme know when you want to go...we can have a field day.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

Jesus Paul, why don't we just measure our dicks & see who's is bigger.
I swear....
Old 04-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Jesus Paul, why don't we just measure our dicks & see who's is bigger.
I swear....
I use to be a class 3 gun dealer Jason...I have lots of bang-bang toys.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSlonaker
I use to be a class 3 gun dealer Jason...I have lots of bang-bang toys.
Well good I need to talk to you then.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you 2 could buy a real go fast boat and then they wouldn't be able to catch you.

Just kidding around about the FAJA's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.