Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What, (if any) are the known problems with the 2006 Ford 6.0 PS >

What, (if any) are the known problems with the 2006 Ford 6.0 PS

Notices

What, (if any) are the known problems with the 2006 Ford 6.0 PS

Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What, (if any) are the known problems with the 2006 Ford 6.0 PS

04 Excursion 43,000 miles and no major problems.....Built 12/03 inservice 4/04.....
Old 12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<<<------Didn't buy a ford
no problem

Bought a new GM truck
no problem

Have over 600,000 miles on GM vehicles
no problem

did i mention didn't buy a ford
won't have a problem
Old 12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Registered

Well, aside from all the engine problems and a weak transmission, and being a Ford what else do you want to know Dean???

Now before I get flamed here, if the 6.0 is such a great platform, why are they abandoning it to run a 6.4 (or possibly a 6.6) with twin turbos???? Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Expect to see a few trucks burned to the ground with the heat that the twin turbos will generate. Just as Cat about the trucks they burned down with their wonderful twin turbo ACERT engines.

I am kind of biased however as I've always been a GM guy and do work for the Allison dealer here in town, but with all the problems I've heard of with the 6.0, I'd buy a Dodge (did I just say that out loud?) before I'd go with a 6.0 Powerstroke with the Junkshift, I mean Torqshift.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:14 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jordy
Well, aside from all the engine problems and a weak transmission, and being a Ford what else do you want to know Dean???

Now before I get flamed here, if the 6.0 is such a great platform, why are they abandoning it to run a 6.4 (or possibly a 6.6) with twin turbos???? Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Expect to see a few trucks burned to the ground with the heat that the twin turbos will generate. Just as Cat about the trucks they burned down with their wonderful twin turbo ACERT engines.

I am kind of biased however as I've always been a GM guy and do work for the Allison dealer here in town, but with all the problems I've heard of with the 6.0, I'd buy a Dodge (did I just say that out loud?) before I'd go with a 6.0 Powerstroke with the Junkshift, I mean Torqshift.
how much are roasted allisons worth? i know a few that are laying around....
Old 12-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
how much are roasted allisons worth? i know a few that are laying around....
I would think they're worth much more than broke 6.0 Ford components, at least from a collector standpoint, as there aren't as many laying around.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

Tougher emissions standards, higher fuel economy and more horsepower....
Old 12-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered

Okay your gonna have to explain your "heat that the twin turbos will generate" statement for me. I run a twin turbo Dodge and have watched the Egts cool down by about 300*. Twin turbos reduce heat and reduce EGTs. By increasing the airflow of intercooled air to the combustion process, you have a more complete combustion inside the chamber, and less escaped heat from delayed ignition of the diesel fuel.

Corey
Old 12-27-2005, 10:23 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Haven't followed the 6.0 real close but I heard Ford was telling Walls Street a month or so ago that their profitability for 2005 was in the tank due to "unforseen" engine warranty
costs. Word was that it was 6.0. I heard Ford agreed not sample 6.0 customers for their Dealer Satisfaction Surveys as some dealers were threatening not to order them. Perhaps a
Ford rep can chime in on this?

Had dinner a few weeks ago with a IH dealer who was thinking about selling his franchise due to the potential liability he believes he will be facing due to 6.0 and IH wiring issues that have been going on. In regards to the twin tubro heat, wait till you see what 2007 emission systems bring. Cooling system performance in most OEM's are being pushed right now and when they push more cooled EGR in the motor it is even getting warmer , not to mention more soot in the engine The level of engineering put into some of the chassis designs sometimes makes you wonder On the plus side by 2007 the exhaust on some trucks will be actually cleaner than the air in some cities!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Too late now, just bought 2006 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab yesterday! I guess we'll have to see how well it does.
Thanks for the input guys.
Dean
Old 12-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Too late now, just bought 2006 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab yesterday! I guess we'll have to see how well it does.
Thanks for the input guys.
Dean
I saw the pics on the other thread looks awesome, identical to mine, except I have a 250 w/camper pck, you will love the truck. Try www.dieselstop.com for aftermaket stuff, like www.innovativediesel.com get your custom tune SCT chip, 3 stages, ram air set up, guages, and cool dual exhaust, just pm me and Ill be glad to help you out where I get my AE, good luck with it. Jeff

BTW my truck turns a 13.72 in a quarter

Quick Reply: What, (if any) are the known problems with the 2006 Ford 6.0 PS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.