Notices

Semi Tires on F350's ???

Old 05-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Semi Tires on F350's ???

http://www.brentzwheels.com/ is the only company making direct bolt on 22.5s. Going to 19.5s according to www.Ricksontruck.com does actually give you some better handling characteristics. I would tend to agree on paper, but I don't know first hand.

I have done a lot of reading here and on thedieselstop.com on this subject. Brent makes great wheels but they are REAL expensive. Brent does sell you 6 aluminum wheels, and not two steel inner wheels for the dually. I don't know if he does SRW setups like Rickson does. I don't know much about www.DuallyUSA.com other than they require adapters, which I don't want. Adapters are a cheaper way to go to get to the bigger wheels and tires (22.5) over direct bolt on, BUT, you are adding adapters to the adapters that make your truck a dually. You are adding another set of lug nuts. You are adding another item that could need balancing, and another device with multiple points of failure. You are also adding significant steel weight to the amount of unsprung rotating mass, along with big wheels and much heavier tires. If you go to aluminum 22.5 wheels, you are still significantly increasing this rotating mass in weight and size, and you are drastically reducing your STOPPING ABILITY. In other words, you need to upgrade the brakes on the truck with bigger rotors, drums, calipers, etc. More $$$ and headaches.

IMHO, if you can get a direct bolt on 22.5 in aluminum, and do so on a dually with 6 aluminum wheels, you should not see a large decrease in stopping ability, and MAY be able to get away with stock brakes. This is the route that I plan to take eventually, but at this time, the price is astronomical.