Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford integrated brake controller >

Ford integrated brake controller

Notices

Ford integrated brake controller

Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Ford integrated brake controller

Will a Ford integrated brake controller(06 F-250 PSD) work with electric over hydraulic brakes? If not what will I need to do?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ford integrated brake controller

Nope.
Need to install a Voyager or Voyager XP if you want to stop. (there are a couple of others that work too, but not all).
The Furd deal works on magnetic brakes like travel trailers use.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 08-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. Has anyone wired one in this situation. Do you need to disconnect the integrated controller? Should I take this somewhere to be done? Thanks, Eric
Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carlisle makes an adapter to allow the Ford controller to work with thier system: http://www.carlislebrake.com/spec_hb...er-module.html

I use it with my Prodigy controller and it works fine.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Tonight just for kicks I hooked up the boat to the truck. The integrated contoller did activate the hydraulic pump and it gave me a green light instead of the red. I didn't have time to pull it out of the garage and check it out in the drive, but it seemed to do something. I did this because one of the many techs I talked to said it should work. The trailer brake is an Ausco 2001 era on an Extreme Custom Trailer. The Hayes tech said it would not work and recommended the Genesis controller. They said would need to unplug the factory controller and plug in the other one. He said that there would be a warning light on the dash that would not go off if I do this.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered

I recently pulled a trailer with the later model brake-rite unit installed and it actually worked 'properly' with my prodigy system. This was a first as historically the bake rite would not work. They ahve made some modifications to the unit for compatibility. Ford is based on the Prodigy system.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Towed it tonight. The instructions on the controller(factory=Prodigy) say to adjust the gain until full manual braking will lock the wheels at 20 mph. I tried this in my drive with the gain cranked all the way. The wheels would not lock, but it gradually stopped the rig. The instructions said with a heavy trailer that it would not lock. I guess 10-12K qualifies as heavy. I think this unit is much smoother than my Drawtite Activator II on my 04, but I think that the Ford doesn't give enough braking power. Throw your opinions in as Ford techs don't know anything, Techumseh(Prodigy maker) won't answer any questions as they agreed to yeild all questions to Ford. I'm on my own with this. I guess I'll wire in one of the Hayes Genesis units and evaluate it. Hate to do it as ABS is tied into the factory system.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

I Use The Factory Brake Control On A 2006 Myco Trailer With No Problems Yet!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

KYElimEagle - The instructions that came with my Prodigy said not to use it with electric over hydraulic brakes. Did that change?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered

RB...The manual in the truck stated that the controller may not be compatible with some electric over hydraulic systems. Towed 100 miles to Lake Cumberland on Saturday. The system did work but the only problem, which is a significant problem, is that the braking power was much less at full depression of the pedal. It did something I really liked though. It proportionally applied the trailer brakes according to the amount of brake pedal depression. I've got the Hayes Genesis coming and I'm going to try it.

Quick Reply: Ford integrated brake controller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.