Notices

best all terrian tires

Old 10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: best all terrian tires

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Another vote for BFG All-Terrain KO. Awesome tire. They take them right off the shelf and run the Baja 1000 desert races with them.

They are an awsome tire and one of the few that are true all terrain. Last winter I was driving to Seattle 3 times per week, I'm 3 1/2 hours East of Seattle and the drive goes from dry cold roads, snow on mountain passes, to rain in Seattle. It's the only tire that handles all these conditions equaly well.......Add: have them on my 04 Excursion, when I still had my 98 Navigator bought rims solely so I could have the BFG's on it!!!!

Last edited by Zudnic; 10-03-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33ApacheCC
I think the best looking tire is the Baja T/A (less agressive tread). Expensive and extreemely tough. The All Terrains are far more practical, but I just like the look of the Baja.

Pic of the Baja T/A
On ice the Baja are not as good; put them on my Nav. first because a Navigator suits a less aggresive tread! Switched after doing 360's in the mountains from hitting black ice.......
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
On ice the Baja are not as good; put them on my Nav. first because a Navigator suits a less aggresive tread! Switched after doing 360's in the mountains from hitting black ice.......
I think the only thing that's gonna help anybody on black ice is if the tires are switched out with these
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Nitto A/T's are a great tire as well. I have seen a set on a Chevy 2500 get over 45K with rotation and balance. Good looking tread pattern also.

The Dune tire is cool looking as well but I don't know anyone that has run them.
Attached Thumbnails best all terrian tires-nitto-terragrappler.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I think the only thing that's gonna help anybody on black ice is if the tires are switched out with these
True, found slightly better grip with the more aggressive tread BFG All terrains, with a little more warning you are about to lose traction.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

On my 07 F350 Dually they came with BFG Rugged Trail TA. I'm actually impressed, very quiet for on the freeway and still do excellent job in the mud when going in 4wd dropping off the trailers. They clean out quickly, but are too new to give you any mileage reports on. Jeff
Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the BFG All Terrain TA on my truck and they are without a doubt the best tire I've ever had on a truck. Pretty quiet on the road and good traction in snow.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

I too am sport'n the BFG A/T KO's. Excellent tire. Them and the Revo's seem to get the best customer satisfaction/volume.

I am tempted to try these (mickey thompson brand) but can't find anyone with real world experience with them:

http://www.dickcepek.com/FC_Radial.html
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered

Pirelli Scorpion A/T. Best tire i've ever had on a vehicle. Awesome in the rain and snow. Incredible traction.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

People say these do pretty good in the snow. I saw 'em in person and fell in love with them, and the performance is there.

Quick Reply: best all terrian tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.