Notices

SRW vs DRW

Old 11-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRW vs DRW

I will never owe another SRW. I only owe a 30' Baja OL and as I travel to SO CA to Havasu often. Power wise and braking my 03 Chevy 2500HD with Duramax pulled it fine. The greatest benifit with my 07 Chevy DRW is when caught in those desert wind storms. The stability is unbeatable. the truck doesn't sway and feel lite. The truck keeps striaght. Also I like that the rear end doesn't sag like my old 2500HD. I also like the idea if I ever get a rear tire blow out that I still have one tire to keep me straight. I have seen trucks that blow a tire out in the rear while towing especially speeds beyond 60MPH and it can cause you to loose your trailer and maybe the truck and everyone else in it. This is my 2 cents and I like to err on the side of safety.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
I pull my 36 Outlaw that weighs in at 16000 lbs on the trailer with a 03 6.0 PSD SRW 4X4 with air bags. Pulls solid to 80 mph. It has six wheel disc brakes so I feel fine with it. It stops really well IMO. I don't think that Top Gun will weigh much more than my rig does. I make several trips that are 500 miles or more over the summer in 95 degree heat with no problems.

You're overweight and speeding. Not too smart.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clc900
So does this mean everyone with a boat 38' plus has to have a freightliner to haul the boat down the road? Im sure probably not. Anyone out there haul their boat with a single rear wheel one ton tow rig??

Although a Frieghtliner would be damn nice, its just not feasable for me at this time.

Thanks!
You need more these days...duals..and sway bars....yup...srw are not enough in many circumstances...I tried many set ups and boats ....you will get away with it for awhile.....but when stuff goes wrong....hey....you hopped it up....you surely can do some more.....you barely can do it with a dually with some of the idiots in populated areas....breaks and sway
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You're overweight and speeding. Not too smart.
Your to polite......
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Dually is the only way to go...just my 2 cents
Old 11-02-2006, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Your to polite......

That WAS the sugar-coated version.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:32 AM
VIP Member

Chris

So if I understand you correctly, you have never gone over the speed limit ?? Yeah right !!! I didn't say I run at those speeds all the time, I just said it is stable up to that speed. Also I am overweight by how much ?? You tell me by how much and I'll see if you are correct. Oh and by the way the stock hitch is in a garbage dump somewhere.

Smitty
Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty
Chris

So if I understand you correctly, you have never gone over the speed limit ?? Yeah right !!! I didn't say I run at those speeds all the time, I just said it is stable up to that speed. Also I am overweight by how much ?? You tell me by how much and I'll see if you are correct. Oh and by the way the stock hitch is in a garbage dump somewhere.

Smitty
Hey, you're not going far and you're being really careful- plus, you don't do it that often...

You'll be OK, right?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered

I had a F350 dually last year and a F250 this year. I have more stopping power with the F250. Both of them had 4wheel disks and pulling 16k 5thwheel trailer. It could just be the angle I have the trailer set at though. Anyways I recommend the dually just for the saftey aspect but you have less towing capacity with DRW.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered

ive towed everything from snowmobiles to 50' boats and house trailers,I WILL NOT EVER TOW WITH ANYTHING LESS THEN A 1 TON DAULLY!!!!,,,ive all over this country and europe and its the only i feel safe anymore with all mthe clowns on the road and weather condutions,,plus they ride better as crew cabs and 8' beds and ill probluy never buy a 2wd truck again ,my 4wd o6' duramax 3500 crew cab daully will out run and out pull my old truck a 02' 2wd 3500 duramax crew cab dauly and it gets the same fuel milage,i used to tow with a 2500 chevy and i can't tell you how many times a**holes did stupid things on the road,, just my .04 cents

Quick Reply: SRW vs DRW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.