Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Gmc 2500hd Looking For Tires.... >

Gmc 2500hd Looking For Tires....

Notices

Gmc 2500hd Looking For Tires....

Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

I had 285s on my 2500. Mich 10ply loved them. Truck sat taller they rub lightly with no adjust on my 01 crew but only when turning to one side. There was 3 to 4 mph diff in speedo at 80mph. verified with GPS and State police!!
Might be why I only got 10mpg with the 8100. Hmmm.
Quinlan
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one constant in MOST of these posts is,,,,,,Michelin.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at the Toyo open country H/T, the Brigestone dueller Revo and the Firestone Destination. All good tires and decently priced. I have had great customer feed back on those tires. The Michellins tend to go very hard quickly, thus the long wear life but poor traction in rain and snow. BFG's get square if you drive highway speeds alot and don't give good wear durability.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Michelin
Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Look at the Toyo open country H/T, the Brigestone dueller Revo and the Firestone Destination. All good tires and decently priced. I have had great customer feed back on those tires. The Michellins tend to go very hard quickly, thus the long wear life but poor traction in rain and snow. BFG's get square if you drive highway speeds alot and don't give good wear durability.
With 60K miles on my '06, they don't have time to go hard.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bridgestone A/T Revos wear long and handle nicely on that truck, They have a more aggressive tread pattern than the BFG but are quieter. They're even a little rotation insensitive. The won't work on an Excursion though- I tried. The truck was all over the road. Some of these new vehicles are very tire-sensitive. My other Ex has BFG 315-17's on it and does quite well with them.

Most speedometers are off- they all read over. Going to the next size up will probably get you closer to showing true speed... and fuel mileage.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick02
The one constant in MOST of these posts is,,,,,,Michelin.
Michelin is all we run on our mediums. They give the best reliability and return on investment. On cars, I'd never buy another one- nothing but trouble, mostly poor lifespan. On light truck, I've never been overly impressed- especially when you factor in their additional expense.

I've never been a Goodyear fan, even though they're the only manufacturer that hasn't abandoned my hometown. Lately I've become a convert- at least on their auto tires. Been getting great results and better life than previous experiences. They're also getting more aggressive on pricing.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

The Mich are one of the best. The MS does a great job and the mileage I got was great 60K(if you rotate and balance them like your suppose to). I now have Bridgestone Revo's(more agressive tread design) and I have never had a tire that was better on wet roads or in the rain. They have 50K on them and they are starting to look like they are wearing. If you want a good comparison of types of tires go to-tirerack.com and check the different tires and look at the comparison charts.
Jay
Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got 65k on the last set on Michelin LTX M/S on a 2500 HD.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

I've had great luck with Cooper ATR. 285/75-16 will fit with minor rubbing but the look much better. Plowing and bad weather I have run STT but the mileage they run is cut in half, but the traction is excellent. I buy these wholesale. If you would like a price PM me. Shipping them to you might make them too expensive. Who knows.

Quick Reply: Gmc 2500hd Looking For Tires....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.