Notices

2009 F-150 Diesel?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I spent a few days in Costa Rica over New Year's. I really got a kick out of the vehicles. EVERYTHING had diesel power; cars and trucks. Hyundai, Toyota, Ford (CC Rangers with PSD), Mazda, Suzuki (they still make Samuris BTW), Volkswagens, and a bunch of makes they don't offer here. I don't remember seeing anything GM down there, and only a handful of Dodge vehicles.

I'd have to imagine that some of these markets are proving grounds for some of the technology that they bring out here.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
AutoWeek is reporting that Ford will allegedly be putting a supercharged 4.4L diesel V8 engine in the F-150 for 2009. Expect it to have around 330 horsepower and 520 lb-ft of torque! GM & Dodge are also planning on putting diesel engines in 1/2 ton trucks, but Ford is expected to be the first to actually produce such a truck. The 4.4-liter engine is a larger version of the 3.6-liter turbocharged V-8 used in European market Land Rover Range Rovers.
GM had a small block diesel powered suburban at SEMA this year. Sounds like it will be 2010 model year before we see them though.

"The 4.5L V-8 Duramax turbo-diesel, from General Motors Corp., that improves engine fuel efficiency by 25 percent, reduces CO2 emissions by 13 percent and cuts particulates and NOx emissions by at least 90 percent is ready for the North American light duty trucks and the HUMMER H2 built after 2009.

The premium V-8 diesel is expected to deliver class-leading torque, power and refinement while maintaining a significant fuel efficiency advantage over comparable-output gasoline engines.

The new dual-overhead cam, four-valve V-8 diesel engine will fit within the same space of a small-block V-8 gasoline engine. This compact size is made possible by using integral cylinder head exhaust manifolds, integral cam cover intake manifolds and a narrow block.

Environmental benefits of the new engine include a 13-percent reduction in CO2 versus gasoline engines, and at least a 90-percent reduction in particulates and NOx compared to diesel vehicles today. This will be GM’s first engine to use a selective catalytic reduction NOx aftertreatment system with a diesel particulate filter to help achieve the Tier 2 Bin 5 and LEV 2 emissions standards.

Technical highlights of the engine include aluminum cylinder heads with integrated manifolding; a variable-vane turbocharger with intercooling; a Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) block for a stronger and lighter engine base (compared to lower-strength aluminum or heavier grey cast iron); and fracture-split main bearing caps and connecting rods for a precise fit. An electronically controlled, ultra-high-pressure, common-rail fuel system is used, which has the ability to inject fuel five times per combustion event to control noise and emissions.

The premium V-8 diesel engine is expected to deliver class-leading refinement, horsepower and torque and fulfill multiple vehicle applications with ratings in excess of 310 horsepower and 520 lb-ft of torque."
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

i had range rovers and land rovers since ford took them over, i love them.. my range rover i have now, is the best smaller truck ive ever had.. i would not think twice about getting into a 150 with that diesel in it... pretty cool if ya ak me...
Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
GM had a small block diesel powered suburban at SEMA this year. Sounds like it will be 2010 model year before we see them though.

"The 4.5L V-8 Duramax turbo-diesel, from General Motors Corp., that improves engine fuel efficiency by 25 percent, reduces CO2 emissions by 13 percent and cuts particulates and NOx emissions by at least 90 percent is ready for the North American light duty trucks and the HUMMER H2 built after 2009.

The premium V-8 diesel is expected to deliver class-leading torque, power and refinement while maintaining a significant fuel efficiency advantage over comparable-output gasoline engines.

The new dual-overhead cam, four-valve V-8 diesel engine will fit within the same space of a small-block V-8 gasoline engine. This compact size is made possible by using integral cylinder head exhaust manifolds, integral cam cover intake manifolds and a narrow block.

Environmental benefits of the new engine include a 13-percent reduction in CO2 versus gasoline engines, and at least a 90-percent reduction in particulates and NOx compared to diesel vehicles today. This will be GM’s first engine to use a selective catalytic reduction NOx aftertreatment system with a diesel particulate filter to help achieve the Tier 2 Bin 5 and LEV 2 emissions standards.

Technical highlights of the engine include aluminum cylinder heads with integrated manifolding; a variable-vane turbocharger with intercooling; a Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) block for a stronger and lighter engine base (compared to lower-strength aluminum or heavier grey cast iron); and fracture-split main bearing caps and connecting rods for a precise fit. An electronically controlled, ultra-high-pressure, common-rail fuel system is used, which has the ability to inject fuel five times per combustion event to control noise and emissions.

The premium V-8 diesel engine is expected to deliver class-leading refinement, horsepower and torque and fulfill multiple vehicle applications with ratings in excess of 310 horsepower and 520 lb-ft of torque."

only problem is gms are gay, you know that wobble....
Old 01-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

That's a good looking truck!
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 01-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good to me!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Registered

raymond what are these things going to go for????
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Another pic...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Registered

That last pic is a computer generated picture. I hope it looks better in person. Not doing much for me right now.