Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Chevy duramax help in the south. >

Chevy duramax help in the south.

Notices

Chevy duramax help in the south.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say look the other way do you mean cover it? I would ask the service manager to at least do a diagnostics and then go from there; offer to pay him for his time. If they do not comply break out the 800 number from your owners manual and call the GM number. Aftermarket mods and dealers can be a hard road. Good luck.

Keep us posted.

Jim
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by czy40p
When you say look the other way do you mean cover it? I would ask the service manager to at least do a diagnostics and then go from there; offer to pay him for his time. If they do not comply break out the 800 number from your owners manual and call the GM number. Aftermarket mods and dealers can be a hard road. Good luck.

Keep us posted.

Jim
Yeah,
That's the main reason I have left our 2006 F-350 P/S STOCK, so there is no questions about warranty issues.

Rick,
Sounds like you do have a leak in the fuel system. There are no signs of fuel leakage on the ground, or on the engine?
Dean
Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

I got no problems with 'em
Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by DMAX
I got no problems with 'em
Hey,
good for you, seriously. All I know is when I bought our truck, new in 12/05, I went to the service manager @ the dealership, and asked about installing a cold air intake with filter, and how it MIGHT affect our warranty, and he told me flat out, that Ford COULD deny any warranty claim we could have with the truck engine. Could being the key word here. I know alot of it has to do with how your dealer handles the warranty claim on modified engines, but I've been with the same dealer for 15 years, and they have taken care of any/all issues I've had my both of your trucks, no questions asked.
Besides, if I want to go fast, I just drive the wife's XK8.
Dean
Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Rich are you sure that the fuel pump isn't stalling? Can you hear it running?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

I got a dealer to look at it without saying anything about the power chip unless it is the problem.I have to wait till tomorrow morning for him to look at it so we'll see.There are no leaks.I'm not sure about the fuel pump no working will go out and listen.Thanks again for all the info.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thing to do is take out all power mods while under warranty. Even if a dealer is cool with fixing one problem, as soon as they put a note on your vin that there was a chip, thats it. Put the stuff back in (in the parking lot even ) after you pick up the truck from service.

Now, as always performance mods are done at your own risk. If they pull off a head, they can tell by the burn pattern it was chipped.

I prefer to be safe, and pull all mods out (thus I choose mods wisely while under warranty).

An exhaust should not void warranty (except on 08 and newer with DPF). However, and intake could. If it is a crappy intake (and most of them are worse than stock, esp on new duramax) it might not filter as well and cause engine trouble. I agree that the manufacture should not be liable for that. Simple fix.. put stock back on before going back to dealer.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered

Check The Injector Connectors,the Come Loose
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rich...have you ever had injectors done?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

hey rich.. check the bleeder screw on top of the filter housing seen a few that have been over tightend and cracked. also seen the filter housing plunger allow air in the system.also check the the two big connectors by the upper rad hose for backed out terminals.

Quick Reply: Chevy duramax help in the south.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.