Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project >

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Notices

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Is that better EH!!..your full of class,,i guess i should have posted a 1969 chevelle that richard petty drove that in the race shop...racing is racing period and the mud is more fun and full of real people..

class act..
Their you just pulled my trigger..
I agree mud is more fun! Dirt track racing is some of the best racing around if the track is set up right. I live in NC Ohio by sandusky and head to Fremont and Attica every now and then. Saw one road race at mid Ohio, that was some cool chit!

Any pics of the car today as it sits?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

the mustang is only a shell now. it was a total rust bucket when I got it. it is going to have all upgraded suspension and power. I love the look of the fastback but I hate the old suspension design. I live here in the NE Georgia mountains so I am going to build it to handle. I want to be able to take it to the road course here and up to NC to 'the Tail of the Dragon'.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
you need a good handling car or bike for that road, they kill about one a week this time of year. if you miss a turn you drop a hundred feet or so off the mountain.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

here are a few to help motivate you guys. I am a little old school when it comes to cars and road racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqYjDGNZok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybj-0i7mFVo

there are classes for new cars but as you can see alot or 50's to 60's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-P3YpAwhA
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Comp - my brother has rode the Tail on his 900F a few yrs back said it was awesome but you "Can f uck up real EZ!" lol.

I know about the Panamerica pretty awesome but logistically I will never get there unless of course I win the big one and therefore would be able to take a large amount of time off work in my busiest season. Id be more likely to get to the Targa Newfoundland.

Realistically I'll be very content blasting around fast old school Mosport(fastest track ALMS series races on btw) its .5hrs away from here. Ron Fellows & partners are new owners and have poured a ton of $$ into it. My buddy with the 9 truck went to Watkins Glen (not all that far from here very do able) this summer said he LOVED it, they have a good Vintage festival there too. D

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 10-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like fun! I race against a guy with a 55 chevy looks sweet & believe it or not its very quick
Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgoblue06
I agree mud is more fun! Dirt track racing is some of the best racing around if the track is set up right. I live in NC Ohio by sandusky and head to Fremont and Attica every now and then. Saw one road race at mid Ohio, that was some cool chit!

I was just messing around,,petty was a mopar guy..

ok on to somthing else before i get yelled at again from the guy above me..
Old 10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered

after the last few years even winning the lottery might not get me to the panamericana. I still want to do it some day but with two road courses, the dragons tail and the mountains I can still pretend. the Buick in the first video weighs nearly 4000 pounds so it is no light weight. this is it before it was painted one color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCz0Ks1r7U
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
after the last few years even winning the lottery might not get me to the panamericana. I still want to do it some day but with two road courses, the dragons tail and the mountains I can still pretend. the Buick in the first video weighs nearly 4000 pounds so it is no light weight. this is it before it was painted one color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCz0Ks1r7U
The open road race stuff is cool but I used to race Superbikes on a national level in the 80s so Im more of a circuit type of guy. I enjoy getting every last bit out of the car (bike) in every corner and working on the set up. In an open road race like that I'd be "Awww I could have done WAY better than that on that corner....Jeeeze" only to never see it again lol. It would frustrate me.

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 10-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Finished up the dash the other night.....I mocked the tach up in the dash but I had trouble seeing it through the steering wheel spokes just sitting in the shop let alone at 100 mph so I set it up on the dash old school

Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

dont be scared of the open road. just kidding, even on the track I never seemed to be happy with the way I took a turn. second guessing is natural but if you keep improving then it is all good. I am curious though, was the wheel base the same on the chevelle as the race car? looks like it fit pretty nice. how well did the body fit to the new chassis? the car is looking great. I like the factory door panel. are you keeping them? something about stuff like that makes it look like the old school cars where they had to keep lots of parts from the original car.

Quick Reply: my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.