Notices

Timber Trailer Bunks

Old 04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timber Trailer Bunks

Does anyone have large timber trailer bunks on their trailers? I bought a Formula 353 with a Rocket trailer. The trailer has two timber bunks (4" X 10"?) that support the boat. When I was towing the boat from Jacksonville, the starboard timber split the entire length of the bunker (about 15' long). I was afraid the boat was going to be damaged but managed to limp it in to Pesacola to have it replaced. These timber bunks are new to me and I feel the boat probably needs more support. Any thoughts?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
Does anyone have large timber trailer bunks on their trailers? I bought a Formula 353 with a Rocket trailer. The trailer has two timber bunks (4" X 10"?) that support the boat. When I was towing the boat from Jacksonville, the starboard timber split the entire length of the bunker (about 15' long). I was afraid the boat was going to be damaged but managed to limp it in to Pesacola to have it replaced. These timber bunks are new to me and I feel the boat probably needs more support. Any thoughts?
I personally dont like the way they support the boat in only 2 locations especially on a step-bottom boat , also the way they load, are you bringing the boat to Phx? Randall's might be able to re-configure your bunk system,
Old 04-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Yeah, I made it back to Phoenix last Thursday. Cost me $1,400 to have the bunks replaced at a marina. Where is Randall's located? What don't you like about how they load?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
Yeah, I made it back to Phoenix last Thursday. Cost me $1,400 to have the bunks replaced at a marina. Where is Randall's located? What don't you like about how they load?
Randalls VIP trailers is in Chandler, They're the trailer dealer for Dennis at Sun Country/Formula Dealer,,I dont like the way they guide the boat on the trailer,,usually cocked to one side or the other, maybe too many beers on my part! try it yourself and you may have better luck then me