Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
thinking about a new car what do ya think >

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Notices

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
Maybe I am getting too old (38). I am having more fun in the Jeep than my '01 V8 Esprit....Mike
Yeah because the Jeep actually runs, has cold A/C and is under warranty. Those Esprits died a slow death, the car came out in 77 with virtually no styling changes and until the V8 they didn't really get much faster than in 77 despite the competition (Corvettes, Porsches) getting big HP upgrades during those years.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

MB's are trading on their past reliability, they are inferior to BMW/ Audi in my experience. I have owned two M3's and an Audi A8L that were flawless cars.

That is a joke right? LOL! BMW's have HUGE problems with the windows-based operating system! Go to any BMW message board and check it out. I have had 3 Benz cars that have been a dream to have. Of course.....I wouldn't want them after the warranty expired! CLK430 Cabriolet, CL55 and now the S63. Gas, oil, air, soap & water.....that is about it! Besides the S63 blows all BMW's away (even the M cars) and run of the mill Porsches (except Turbo). I had this new Porsche 4S pull to next to me (far right lane) at a light. The right lane merges to to my lane about 500 feet after the light. I know what the guy was thinking......he sure had a funny look on his face in my rear view mirror when a full sized 4-door sedan "out accelerated" his vehicle.

Of course......back to the original thread starter......with a $55K budget........I have no idea which of those three used cars would best.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That is a joke right? LOL! BMW's have HUGE problems with the windows-based operating system! Go to any BMW message board and check it out. I have had 3 Benz cars that have been a dream to have. Of course.....I wouldn't want them after the warranty expired! CLK430 Cabriolet, CL55 and now the S63. Gas, oil, air, soap & water.....that is about it! Besides the S63 blows all BMW's away (even the M cars) and run of the mill Porsches (except Turbo). I had this new Porsche 4S pull to next to me (far right lane) at a light. The right lane merges to to my lane about 500 feet after the light. I know what the guy was thinking......he sure had a funny look on his face in my rear view mirror when a full sized 4-door sedan "out accelerated" his vehicle.

Of course......back to the original thread starter......with a $55K budget........I have no idea which of those three used cars would best.

6 and 7 series are troubled cars, I will agree. I like the AMG stuff for sure and I think they run better than stock MB cars. The 3 and 5 series are much better than the stock benz counterparts by a mile though.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak to the MB's - my grandfather always drove one, so I grew up associating them as an "old folks" car, so I've never really researched them. No offense.....just my reality.

I can say that I have driven BMW's for 10 years (1998 540i, 2004 M3 and 2006 M5) and have had no problems what-so-ever with any of them. I can't wait for my next car - an M6 convertible........

Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 AM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

have you guys seen the new mb c 300 that is a nice looking car and cheap i think like 38k
Old 07-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

The new C Class is very nice, if you want a 4 door.

I have a white 2003 SL500 coming in with 24k miles if you decide to go that route.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Auto Sales & Leasing
Platinum Member

I have a very nice 2000 Porsche 911 Cabriolet with 27k on it and a 2005 MB CLK500 Convt. with 31k. Also, a 2006 CLS500 with 27k which I haven't posted yet.

I usually deal exclusively in 4 cylinder Imports, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi and VW and carry roughly around 20-25 cars on my lot. This gas situation has depleted my inventory down to practically nothing. I'm just getting around 15 cars ready to go on the lot, so if you or anyone is looking for a "Gas Sipper" keep an eye on my site.

If interested, check them out on my site and give me a call.