Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Need More Mpg 2007 Duramax Dully >

Need More Mpg 2007 Duramax Dully

Notices

Need More Mpg 2007 Duramax Dully

Old 07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I wish I knew how to get rid of the DPF without tripping computer codes. Any ideas? Can it be done?
I don't know with GM or Dodge, but with Ford others have including my friend who has a custom tune through SCT with I think Innovative?. He also has it so if he goes in for service can put the DPF back in Honestly the truck runs so much better, nevermind the increase in power and torque, but its so much smoother, no lag, lower egt's, and mileage shot way up. Went from 14-15 highway to about 19-20, and city mileage went from 10-11 to around 15. Regen sucks major donkey balls.

I love the new Big 3 diesels, but I would rather go with the previous models just so I didn't have to deal with that regen and dpf.
Originally Posted by FASTTIMES
HotDuck,
On the 6.4's most guys are running the Spartan Diesel Tech setup - - DPF delete, 3 custom tunes, Dashdaq for monitoring and claiming up to 6mpg's better stock. I don't have a DPF setup yet, but its tempting. I'm sure there are guys doing to same for the new DMAX.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...play.php?f=162
I thought it was Innovative but maybe thats who he used, I'll have to ask, dpf and regen = retarded hippie move, oh yeh real economical to the environment, all their doing is causing more people to buy more anyway since these new diesels guzzle like gassers.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 07-02-2008 at 05:55 PM.