Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
4x2 Truck, how big of boat do you pull? Truck size, boat size? >

4x2 Truck, how big of boat do you pull? Truck size, boat size?

Notices

4x2 Truck, how big of boat do you pull? Truck size, boat size?

Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insanity342
I THINK IT IS THE SAME ONE I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH IT, IT IS LIKE A TRAVELING ROAD SHOW WHEN YOU ARE PULLING IT! AND SHE RUNS PRETTY GOOD FOR STOCK POWER MID TO UPPER 80'S
That's a very sharp looking set-up!!! Not sure what I like best...The boat, truck or trailer...

Divenstar
Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by divenstar
That's a very sharp looking set-up!!! Not sure what I like best...The boat, truck or trailer...

Divenstar
THANKS
Old 07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Man some of the ramps down here, I've been to and I'm like what f'n moron built the ramp this way, like it was so hard to level the angle a little more, so many ramps down here will bottom out trailers.
Hey Quick if it makes you feel any better this is Lake Pleasant 10 lane in Phoenix, This pic is in Dec when the water is coming back up but some times its even longer than this
Old 07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

We pulled our 38' Scarab from Naples, Fla to New Orleans with a 2005 Chevy 2500HD 2x4 with no problems.
The truck has never had any trouble puling the boat out of the water.

I guess you have to look at where you plan to launch as well.
There are some really crappy ramps around us and you have to watch closely or you will fall off the concrete pad....

That sux!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

if you only ever plan on going to ramps and areas your familiar with then i say go for it......BUT!......if you ever plan on going to some unfamiliar areas get a 4x4.

this happened to me......went to visit my cousin who bought this new place on the water......was going to bring the boat, asked him about a ramp......"Oh yeah, ramp just down the road, no problem......blah, blah, blah".......get there, well f*ck me!.....you MIGHT launch a 17ft ski boat with a 75 on it but thats all.....had to make like a 12 point turn if I didnt want to back up for a 1/2 mile (thought about it!)......at one point I had to back the boat up a hill in the dirt.......dropped into reverse.....moved about a foot then dug two holes with the back tires......down into low 4......backed right up out of the two holes and up the hill......4x4 saved my back bacon there

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 07-06-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

ha metal,is that some kind of launch ramp at the ford proving grounds?,thats the widest longest downhill ramp ive ever seen,and ive been to a few ramps all over this country
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 774 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Hey Quick if it makes you feel any better this is Lake Pleasant 10 lane in Phoenix, This pic is in Dec when the water is coming back up but some times its even longer than this
That guy at the top is all f-ed up. Must be his first time back a trailer in his life - jeez....
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its looks like 07 Ford Silver F 350 Dually to me that now calls New Jersey Home !!!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Ven
its looks like 07 Ford Silver F 350 Dually to me that now calls New Jersey Home !!!
you got that right...how's she running..The 08 just plain sucks without the add ons...I miss the power..especially when towing that barge.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
I run a 2005 Durmax 2500 2wd. I bought it and towed stock for a while. I had some trouble at the main ramp I normally use, it is 7 lanes wide, about say 35 degree slope but when it is wet it is hard. I have a 26' checkmate and I believe the dry weight was 4500. Normally I have to be an A hole and use a far left or right lane and then come out of it at an angle, If lucky. I try to avoid this ramp. Then I lifted my truck and put 35" tires on it would pull out fine. I am now running a stock truck again and pretty nervous to hit the boat ramps again. We will see.
Have you ever actually checked your trailer tongue weight?

Quick Reply: 4x2 Truck, how big of boat do you pull? Truck size, boat size?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.