Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Any pics on changing from Surge to EOH brakes? >

Any pics on changing from Surge to EOH brakes?

Notices

Any pics on changing from Surge to EOH brakes?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US1 nice pics. Where did you mount your battery or did you not install one? Thanks for all the response fellas. This is one project I'd like to do this Fall.

Checked Out- I read your post on 1000 psi vs 1600 psi. I'll have to research this, I read a recent post that 1600 psi was required for appropriate breaking?? Either way, it looks like you got a great price on your pump. I saw a Brakerite for $560.

Last edited by sleek1; 10-01-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sleek, I agree with your view that US1 did well on the price. This is the actuator I bought http://dexteraxle.com/brake_controller___actuators It was costly enough to me that I hid it in a tool box mounted on the trailer, so that it would not walk away parked at the boat ramp some weekend.

BTW, the 1600 vs 1000 psi is for Disc vs Drum brakes.

US1 Fountain: Got any plans for the surge parts you removed from your trailer? If they are for a Titan Dico model 20, and you want to get rid of them, we might be able to work something out. Let me know if you're interested. (I'm going to get my knee fixed in the morning, so I'll be out of it - even more than normal - for a few days to a week depending on how gentle the Dr is and how good the drugs are. So, if I don't respond quickly to you, please give me a little time. thanks.)
Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sleek1

Thanks. The battery is bolted to the inside of the frame forward of the pump. It's fully protected in that area and outta sight. You have to have a breakaway battery by law. Last pic in 3rd post.

Chart, sorry, but someone bought all of the workings last month from Rippems post. The thefts issue has also crossed my mind.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US1 Fountain- I see it now. You did a clean job, I hope I can get mine to look as good. I'm no welder so I'll have to "pay the man" to get that done.

Chart- I like the looks of that actuator. Looks a little more solid than the Brakerite (for not much more $$). Do you have much towing time with this unit and are you happy with it? I too was thinking about locating the battery and actuator in some type of enclosure so the little thieves are not too tempted. Not to mention protection from flying road desbris(sp) or getting stepped on accidentally when stepping up on the trailer for whatever reason.

Last edited by sleek1; 10-02-2008 at 10:45 PM.