Notices

6.7 dodge cat problems?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 6.7 dodge cat problems?

has your truck also had problems? 3 times now to have the catylictic converter fixed and cleaned. The dash light goes on and the truck runs like crap, cause it's clogged up again. Does anyone have a solution to remove this the pollution crap?
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a Duramax next time!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
has your truck also had problems? 3 times now to have the catylictic converter fixed and cleaned. The dash light goes on and the truck runs like crap, cause it's clogged up again. Does anyone have a solution to remove this the pollution crap?
Are you talking about the DPF (diesel particulate filter?) If so, than yes, there have been some issues with these on dodge cummins trucks. All three truck makers have had DPF issue of one kind or another. Its a crappy bandaid fix to what the EPA sees as an environmental issue. FYI, your dodge also has a normal catalytic converter that is in your downpipe before the DPF. You can buy a TST race smarty for your truck that lets you turn off the DPF and therefor cut it off. If you have a duramax you must use EFI live. I think PPE has one too, but EFI live is the best for all GM gas and diesel.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
Buy a Duramax next time!
I own a FORD but my friends truck that I use left me stranded with the clogging nonsense. Are you still using 4 wheel drive for all that it's worth?
Old 10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered

I have been told that they are having this problem buy customers that are Dodge techs.Was told that they do not like to be idled at all.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Idling and short trips does not help heat the system up enough to "self-clean the oven". We have had a few issues with Cat and Cummins in Kenworth's.

Our trucks have a switch to re-generate the system manually vs. waiting for the computer to automatically activate it. This prevents being stranded on the side of the highway.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

Found a site last night thedieselgaragefourms a lot of problems with this motor.Any one on here have one?If so what do you think?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

there are some bypass products out as well but you will get that smog enviro lecturea along with warrenty speach if its mentioned.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

the dpf systems in gm,ford and dodge trucks are having loading up problems,and watch additives in your fuel system,i know on the gm's guys are removing the dpf's and straight piping them and using ''efi live'' to reprogram the computers,,this is all thanks to the congress and epa
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
the dpf systems in gm,ford and dodge trucks are having loading up problems,and watch additives in your fuel system,i know on the gm's guys are removing the dpf's and straight piping them and using ''efi live'' to reprogram the computers,,this is all thanks to the congress and epa
When you say" watch additives in your fuel system", do you mean not to run any additives?

Quick Reply: 6.7 dodge cat problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.