Notices

Polishing an aluminum trailer

Old 01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polishing an aluminum trailer

Hello, Just wondering how you guys keep your trailers looking nice. I have an aluminum trailer and was thinking about attempting to polish it. Any ideas on how to go about it and what tools to use? Looking for tricks or tips.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered it polished but, i'm not sure I can keep it looking the way it does now. Doug
Attached Thumbnails Polishing an aluminum trailer-100_1496.jpg   Polishing an aluminum trailer-100_1497.jpg  

Last edited by outriggers; 01-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered

That trailer looks nice. Mine use to look like that.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by outriggers
I ordered it polished but, i'm not sure I can keep it looking the way it does now. Doug
Dats Nice
Old 01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Registered

Try using Mother's aluminum polish and a Powerball
Old 01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My trailer manufacture said to use a Brillo Pad and water...looks great initally but it doesn't last. Has anybody used the industrial alum spray solutions? It is my understanding that the truckers use this method to keep their alum wheels and tanks looking fresh.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by zmain
Hello, Just wondering how you guys keep your trailers looking nice. I have an aluminum trailer and was thinking about attempting to polish it. Any ideas on how to go about it and what tools to use? Looking for tricks or tips.

http://www.leveragepolish.com/products.php#top

try the Metal Serum....works very well, it is also eco friendly..I use a buffer....I then use the polish over it, last's about year. call me M-S 7am - 4pm if you have any questions, we can go through proper detail procedure's to make sure you are getting the max. results from top to bottom on your boat, cars and all your toys. 228-216-0900 cell..Jeff Jassby
Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Jeff,

I may be calling you. Our new 2008 trailer looked great when we got it but after this season and sitting out all year round by the water has not helped it retain it's good appearance. Really should have gone with the painted version
Old 01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Jeff,

I may be calling you. Our new 2008 trailer looked great when we got it but after this season and sitting out all year round by the water has not helped it retain it's good appearance. Really should have gone with the painted version
The painted version is great..but the problem is if in salt water no matter how well you rinse it off over time the rust will start. The Alum trailers have their own set of detail situations. I know once a year on my Myco cradle, and trailer I have to use the Leverage serum, buff it many times wiping off several times to get the luster back...it helps immensely if you take the extra step and use the Leverage polish. The polish will seal the aluminum making it last twice as long..Call me if you have any Q's..Jeff

the pic was done without the polish and just Leverage serum. One year has gone by and.. Over the next 3 weeks I will be doing the same method but with the polish over it...I will take before and after pics..but it needs to warm up a little
Attached Thumbnails Polishing an aluminum trailer-blue-bayou-098resize-loto.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
http://www.leveragepolish.com/products.php#top

try the Metal Serum....works very well, it is also eco friendly..I use a buffer....I then use the polish over it, last's about year. call me M-S 7am - 4pm if you have any questions, we can go through proper detail procedure's to make sure you are getting the max. results from top to bottom on your boat, cars and all your toys. 228-216-0900 cell..Jeff Jassby
That is very generous offer to consult with us on the phone. I will probably be calling you soon.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Polishing an aluminum trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.