Notices

High Tech Marine Trailers

Old 12-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Tech Marine Trailers

I'm looking for opinions on High Tech Marine aluminum trailers. I'm looking at purchasing one for a 35 foot boat. I've never owned an aluminum trailer....not sure what to look for.

Your opinions/experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Question High Tech Marine Trailers Anyone?

Come on guys, some one has to have an opinion about these boat trailers!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

I've owned 2 HiTech trailers. First was for my Cobalt 206 and second is for my Sunsation Dominator. HiTech makes a great trailer and they are reasonably priced. Tell them what you have and they will build it custom. Once built they will take all the time you want making it fit your boat perfectly. I highly recommend them.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I have a HI-TECH under my Cafe Racer (10k dry). Surge brakes on all 3. Torsion Axles. I paid extra to get them to extend the main I-Beams all the way to the end of the boat, instead of having them stop after the last axle. LED's obviously.

I have been pleased with the trailer. It doesn't tow as well as my Steel Manning, but with salt water around here I couldn't keep the Manning.

I opted out of the nice 5 star wheels and wish I wouldn't have. The Galvanized rims that came on mine look puny, and I have had a couple that have had slow leaks.

I opted out of the EOH brakes and wish I wouldn't have for obvious reasons, but I only go about 5 miles to the ramp and do one or two poker runs a year. Still wish I'd have gotten the EOH.

I can't post pictures on here or I would.